Vision + not holding position or altitude

Reaction score
I had a crash 2 days ago and ever since in GPS mode the craft seems to drift laterally and vertically.(basically flew into a palm tree and then it landed in a bush. Never hit the ground....it was a soft bush!) When it does hover if I try to do a lateral turn it hover turns almost like around a skid vs the center of the craft. "In actual helicopters would be like doing a pedal turn around the tail vs just a regular pedal turn".

anyone confused yet? any ideas?

I have done normal calibration and advanced calibration

I'll just ask the obvious but did you do the compass calibration where you put it into calibration mode with the controller and circle with the quad being horizontal then vertical?

Every now and then my FC40 tends to drift and not be stable hovering, that fixes it every time.

Hi!

I'm just collecting infos for my P2 Vision in several forums because I'm planning to use other props. This will affect my gain configuration in the assistant software.
So when I saw your post it looks like there is a problem with your gains, especially pitch and vertical ( forward drift and vertical stabilisation).
I don't know how it could be changed by a soft crash in a bush...but maybe you can check your gain adjustment inside the assistant software. See pic with the V+ factory settings.

Another reason for these strange behaviour might be a defect of the props or the motor mounting. Or the palm tree collision affects the mc board and caused a defect...hopefully not.

Lem

Attachments

• gain_vision_plus.jpg
    gain_vision_plus.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 525
DJI props or 'others'.

(I'm in Boynton)

@kikkilokko..... just plugged it in and gains are all standard. It did say i needed to do an advance calibration so im hoping doing it again might be the fix

Ok so took it out and still doing the same thing. I did notice that it thought it was at 50ft when it was on the ground (shown in the DJI app) plugged it back in and its asking me to do another advanced calibration but when I select the calibration it brings me through all the warning but then never starts it just says ready.. and then the basic one says status Idle... and i cant even click on the check imu status button.... think i have an IMU problem? How do you fix that?

also theres a small blinking red light on the right side of the craft.. never noticed that before and cant find anything in the book unless im not looking hard enough???

If it doesn't let you click on "Check IMU status" then the software recognizes an Advanced IMU calibration is required. This is generally needed after a crash. Be sure that your phantom is on a flat/level surface free from magnetic interference while the calibration is done. On the Phantom Assistant software, click on "Tools", then "Advanced", go through the prompts on the screen, it might say that your MC (Main Controller) is too warm and asks if you want to proceed, yes you want to proceed. It will take a few minutes and it is imperative that you do not move the phantom while the calibration is performed. The small light on the side (in the hole) is where the radio link button is. To learn more about it read the manual about linking the radio to the Phantom.

After your advanced calibration is done you will want to do a flight check at low altitude. After calibrating the compass and letting the phantom get GPS lock, take the phantom ~10 feet in the air, check your side to side, front to back, and yaw movement. Let it hover, it should stay still.

I turned it off for a while and came back to it... also waved a magnet around the imu to do the reset and was finally able to do a full advanced calibration....it seems a little better but still drifts around. also still when i do a 360 in one spot the craft actually moves it doesnt stay in one spot and rotate. (in GPS mode)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers