Vision Noob Here - Question regarding updating / IOC.

Reaction score
As the title says, I am definitely a noob so please bear with me. (I am operating a brand new PV2 and have not updated anything yet. Only mod so far is a 8dbi antenna on repeater)

My first question deals with updating. I have a Mac and the DJI updater installed. I can turn on the P2V, plug it in and see everything. I noticed that when I go to the update screen I see there are a few links I can click. However, the confusing part is that it says something on the lines of "Current Version 1.1.1" then on the other column it says "Updating to version 1.1.1" - so why would I want to update to the same version? Am I missing something here?

Second questions is about IOC. I've searched untill I was blue in the face yesterday to get a clear answer but I need confirmation on a few things. Correct me if I am wrong but I understand that the only way to activate IOC is to switch to NAZA mode. Correct? This worries me because of a few things:
-First, I like the way the vision flies in VISION (GPS) mode. Question is, what happens to the controls when I switch to NAZA mode? -Will I have to re-learn everything?
-Second concern is about LED lights. I like the way the LED lights operate in VISION mode. I've seen too many stories about the NAZA led's being confusing as hell. I suppose this will change also?

I like your style! "Complete noob" who's already modded his repeater. :D

If you like everything the way it is, then there's no real need to change. If you are desperate for what IOC can bring to you then you are going to have to learn a new set of LED indications (not outrageously difficult, just different and a bit more complicated as designed to give information to people who don't have the benefit of snazzy smartphone telemetry). If all you want is IOC, then if you leave S1 switch alone the aircraft will behave exactly as it did in Vision mode - only difference being the LED lights.

Switch an IOC mode on and obviously those will have effects you're not used to (see here if you are not sure of the difference between HL & CL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P6SSj0qTcM ) but once you get your head around how they work it's not tricky.

In relation to your updating question I can't help as I don't run a Mac so can't comment on the Mac Assistant - I'm sure someone will be along shortly with Mac updating experience.

Pull_Up said:
I like your style! "Complete noob" who's already modded his repeater. :D

If you like everything the way it is, then there's no real need to change. If you are desperate for what IOC can bring to you then you are going to have to learn a new set of LED indications (not outrageously difficult, just different and a bit more complicated as designed to give information to people who don't have the benefit of snazzy smartphone telemetry). If all you want is IOC, then if you leave S1 switch alone the aircraft will behave exactly as it did in Vision mode - only difference being the LED lights.

Switch an IOC mode on and obviously those will have effects you're not used to (see here if you are not sure of the difference between HL & CL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P6SSj0qTcM ) but once you get your head around how they work it's not tricky.

In relation to your updating question I can't help as I don't run a Mac so can't comment on the Mac Assistant - I'm sure someone will be along shortly with Mac updating experience.

Thanks Pull_up - that clarifies my concerns with IOC. I hope someone can answer my Mac updating question also.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik