Vision + New Features

Reaction score
I received my official SDK Level 1&2 Developer license today from DJI. :D

What does this mean for my closest Pilot Brothers here in the vPlus world?
It actually means I have the complete phantom (My concern is with vPlus of coarse) app opened up here on my pc. It means I can add or remove or tweak any aspect of the app and share it with my friends, so we can enjoy our quads even more. Once I complete the work I'm doing, I then send it to DJI for their approval and support before it can be made live.

At this point I've done some downloading, and know nothing else. I wanted to share this info 1st. I can dig into it more a little later. Hopefully a few of us can put our thoughts together and come up with some nice packages.

So that's my big news for the day.

Awesome. I love all the mods ilovecoffee was able to make even without the actual source. Can't wait to see what you can do with it.

Doug Fletcher

Well you didn't ask for feature requests, but I bet a lot of people would jump on anything that supports better point of interest flying. Something for the ground station where it allows you to keep the camera focused on a point of interest and fly arcs and circles around it. A mode to follow my iPhone/Android would be cool too.

erikgraham said:
Well you didn't ask for feature requests, but I bet a lot of people would jump on anything that supports better point of interest flying. Something for the ground station where it allows you to keep the camera focused on a point of interest and fly arcs and circles around it. A mode to follow my iPhone/Android would be cool too.
That wish is probably not feasable with just software fixes. Flight controle in the phantom concept is namely linked with gps, compas, barometric altitude sensor, giroscoop and Tx-input, but not with camera input.

erikgraham said:
What is the SDK for? I assumed it covered more than just camera input. I guess I'll have to google it and find out...

Short for software development kit, a programming package that enables a programmer to develop applications for a specific platform.

a button press for new course lock and home lock in mid flight would be nice. Saves me smashing the left toggle switch.

flyNfrank said:
I received my official SDK Level 1&2 Developer license today from DJI. :D

What does this mean for my closest Pilot Brothers here in the vPlus world?
It actually means I have the complete phantom (My concern is with vPlus of coarse) app opened up here on my pc. It means I can add or remove or tweak any aspect of the app and share it with my friends, so we can enjoy our quads even more. Once I complete the work I'm doing, I then send it to DJI for their approval and support before it can be made live.

At this point I've done some downloading, and know nothing else. I wanted to share this info 1st. I can dig into it more a little later. Hopefully a few of us can put our thoughts together and come up with some nice packages.

So that's my big news for the day.

Frank, are you developing for Android paltform or iOS or both? Are you allowed to share the information about Level 2 price? Or are you under an NDA? How much did it take for them to verify and give you access?

mede8er said:
Please remove the 'governor' in GPS mode.....TYVM....

Please be more specific. I never was good at reading anyones mind. Every time I guessed what I thought they meant I was always wrong. TYVM....

Everything I have downloaded is English.

Just out of curiosity.... are you an android or apple dev :) ?

flyNfrank said:
mede8er said:

Please be more specific. I never was good at reading anyones mind. Every time I guessed what I thought they meant I was always wrong. TYVM....

Asking if you can remove the 15 m/ps parameter in GPS mode...if not, perhaps change it to 30 m/ps or some other unobtainable number....

Mopar Bob said:
Sorry, I meant what programming language. Java, C, C++, PHP or DJI's own?

Java

justin00 said:
Just out of curiosity.... are you an android or apple dev :) ?

Republican or Democrat?

I'm on android now.

mede8er said:
flyNfrank said:
mede8er said:

Asking if you can remove the 15 m/ps parameter in GPS mode...if not, perhaps change it to 30 m/ps or some other unobtainable number....

I'm not sure why but I'm having a hard time understanding what exactly it is you are referring to. I'm guessing you are referring to the speed of the quad while in the GPS mode?

Btw, you guys do know that the sdk deal is open to everyone, right? Basically you fill out a questionnaire for level 1. They then decide if you become developer and send you a email with links if you get approved.

Mopar Bob said:
Sorry, I meant what programming language. Java, C, C++, PHP or DJI's own?

The SDK does not come with the software/application environment to write the code in. SDK is just a set of precompiled(you don't get the source code) binary libraries, that you include in your existing project. In theory you could use any language. But since the SDK gets precompiled in two "flavors": iOS platform and Android platform, you will either include those libraries in Eclipse where you already have your Android Development Environment configured and therefore (most logical choice) use Java language. OR you will include the iOS precompiled libraries on a Mac in Xcode. In Xcode you will be best of using the new language by Apple: Swift, or Objective-C. You can easily also mix in plain old C code.

Theoretically I also don't see any reason why it could not be use with Xamarin platform (http://xamarin.com/) so you could use C# or Appcelerator Titanium(http://www.appcelerator.com/titanium/) so you could even use JavaScript.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl