Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Vision + lens converter needed

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Help' started by WILQ, Apr 13, 2015.

?
  1. YES, that would be a good option

66.7%
  2. NO, I feel no need for that

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. depend on the price

33.3%
  1. WILQ

Hi everybody,
    I have my Phantom II Vision + for some 2 months. It flies nicely but a little problem arised from the very beginning - the lovely FISHEYE effect. I must admit I really dislike that effect.
    Anybody heard of the lens converter I could use? Change the view-angle from 140 deg to some 90-110 deg would do good for me.
    I have seen similar converters for Gopro cameras but cannot find any for Vision +.
    Any clews on that would be highly appreciated.

2. mohan

You can use the exact same lens that you use for the go pro as it is the same thread. The vision 2 Plus camera is a bit tricky to take apart but have a look at youtube - there is a video explaining how to delicately take the camera apart - not for the faint hearted due to the delicate cable.

3. WILQ

Thanks a lot for that prompt, I'll look on Tube :). Did not realize it is the same thread.

4. mohan

5. WILQ

Thank you again. I have already seen that service but I think sending the whole stuff from Poland to USA and back just to replace a lens for $100 does not make sense.
    Anyway, yesterday I tried to narrow the FOV internally (in camera settings) and I find it acceptable for now.