Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Vision - has anyone managed to find a RAW convertor?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by Studiowise, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Studiowise

I can get the files across from the Vision to my iPhone (this converts them to jpeg first) but when I stick the mini SD into my PC and try and read the files, none of my RAW converters can touch it.
    Any ideas?

I'm using Photoshop CS5 / Lightroom 4.4 and the latest Adobe Raw converter.

• edited to add, I can email a Vision RAW file to anyone who wants to try reading one

2. Randito3

I have tried but cannot find anything at the moment. Lightroom and Photoshop are both Nil. I remember hearing Colin say that the raw files were made for photoshop. I think he is incorrect atm.

3. JeffLombardo

I've opened it in photoshop but it's just all gray noise. No picture at all.

4. flydogs

I really need to find out too. Main reason for getting the Vision is the RAW files. Need to start using em ASAP for a project.

5. flydogs

Saw this but its not helping a lot.

Attached Files:

6. Pull_Up

Spotted this from a dealer posting on another forum early hours today, point 4 directly relates to your question...

"Have a few updates to share-

1) Enable IOC; firmware within 14 days
    2) Rx and Tx update; Rx update via assistant software; Tx update with new software to be released. Enable CE compliance more range (to 400 meters)
    3) Lens mount kit ... for 46mm lens filter; in 3 to 4 weeks
    4) DJI PC software to convert its own RAW format to Adobe DNG RAW within few weeks.

I will confirm these updates when I receive more info in the next few days ....."

His info look legit - I notice the DJI website has been updated with an RC Assistant for the Vision today, I assume to address point two.

7. Studiowise

thanks pull_up for that, i just found the same posting via one of my constant google searches for DJI RAW!
    i just checked the Phantom download page and although the phantom assist software was updated today, the vision download remains V1.01 :(
    Adobe DNG's should be nice and usable when we get them though

8. Jughead

I am searching for the same thing. I found on the Adobe Lightroom site http://insidelightroom.com/?cat=11 :

Lightroom 5.3 is now available from Adobe’s servers. The release, as ever, adds support for new cameras lenses and support for Olympus Picture Styles. 12/21/13

The following lenses are supported as well:
    » Apple iPhone S
    » Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
    » Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
    » TAMRON SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD A011E (Canon mount)
    » DJI Phantom Vision FC200

Not sure if that reads DJI.RAW or if it is a precursor to an FC200 update to DJI.DNG
    I am about t update to Lightroom 5.4

9. MikeB

Jughead, this is a lens profile, it corrects barrel distortion from the wide-angle view. Lightroom does not have a RAW converter for the Vision camera, and apparently never will. Instead, a future camera firmware release will product a standard DNG file, which won't need a RAW converter since it's already a standard.

10. drjay32

I know some people at Adobe who are beta-testing right now, so it should be soon.