Vision - has anyone managed to find a RAW convertor?

Reaction score
I can get the files across from the Vision to my iPhone (this converts them to jpeg first) but when I stick the mini SD into my PC and try and read the files, none of my RAW converters can touch it.
Any ideas?

I'm using Photoshop CS5 / Lightroom 4.4 and the latest Adobe Raw converter.

• edited to add, I can email a Vision RAW file to anyone who wants to try reading one

I have tried but cannot find anything at the moment. Lightroom and Photoshop are both Nil. I remember hearing Colin say that the raw files were made for photoshop. I think he is incorrect atm.

I really need to find out too. Main reason for getting the Vision is the RAW files. Need to start using em ASAP for a project.

Saw this but its not helping a lot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 8.06.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 8.06.39 AM.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,021
Spotted this from a dealer posting on another forum early hours today, point 4 directly relates to your question...

"Have a few updates to share-

1) Enable IOC; firmware within 14 days
2) Rx and Tx update; Rx update via assistant software; Tx update with new software to be released. Enable CE compliance more range (to 400 meters)
3) Lens mount kit ... for 46mm lens filter; in 3 to 4 weeks
4) DJI PC software to convert its own RAW format to Adobe DNG RAW within few weeks.

I will confirm these updates when I receive more info in the next few days ....."

His info look legit - I notice the DJI website has been updated with an RC Assistant for the Vision today, I assume to address point two.

thanks pull_up for that, i just found the same posting via one of my constant google searches for DJI RAW!
i just checked the Phantom download page and although the phantom assist software was updated today, the vision download remains V1.01 :(
Adobe DNG's should be nice and usable when we get them though

I am searching for the same thing. I found on the Adobe Lightroom site http://insidelightroom.com/?cat=11 :

Lightroom 5.3 is now available from Adobe’s servers. The release, as ever, adds support for new cameras lenses and support for Olympus Picture Styles. 12/21/13

The following lenses are supported as well:
» Apple iPhone S
» Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
» Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
» TAMRON SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD A011E (Canon mount)
» DJI Phantom Vision FC200

Not sure if that reads DJI.RAW or if it is a precursor to an FC200 update to DJI.DNG
I am about t update to Lightroom 5.4

Jughead said:
The following lenses are supported as well:
» DJI Phantom Vision FC200

Jughead, this is a lens profile, it corrects barrel distortion from the wide-angle view. Lightroom does not have a RAW converter for the Vision camera, and apparently never will. Instead, a future camera firmware release will product a standard DNG file, which won't need a RAW converter since it's already a standard.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31