vision gimble humming

Less a hum and more of a horrid squealing, if you ask me! Like an old dial-up modem as others have said. It's perfectly normal and is a result of the digital servo being "always on" to be able to react to pitch movement and stabilise the camera a bit and be ready to move as soon as you hit the arrows on the app.

I won't be using that servo soon and I can't wait.. My brushless Gimbal will be here soon :D

Don't worry Simon you can have a play :D or better still you can test and post an unbiased review ?

I don't think any reviews will be necessary apart from everyone desperate to see the first unedited video you post of flight with it! But it will be interesting to have your feedback on the installation and how they are managing to get the 7th channel to work at the same time as the wifi tilt. Might open the way to using cheaper brushless gimbals with some sort of 3d-printed Vision camera holder for those confident in tinkering...

We'll definitely have to fly them both together, though - be quite good to get some in-flight shots of your gimbal compensating if we do a nose-to-nose hover, whilst you film mine in glorious steady-o-vision! We can also see if there's any noticeable differences in handling or flight times.

Yeah, but they both do (rotorpixel and dronexpert) as it's right on the pivot point for the tilt in both of their solutions...

The dronexpert one is mounted on its own plate that sits across the bottom of the skids, the rotorpixel one is underslung in the more traditional way - but both have a brushless motor within close proximity to one of the antennas...

Ah yes I have been wondering how the 7th channel works simultaneously, I will try and give the best and of course honest feedback from point of delivery through to installation and of course that unedited video as I'm sure there are people waiting to pull the trigger on this Gimbal :D

As for handling I'm hoping for no change at all as the Gimbal sits lower and in theory should lower the centre of gravity even more below the prop line ? Slightly better handling on an already rock solid platform, I'm not sure on this and is only my thoughts.... Flight time ? Well we shall see :)

Looking forward to seeing two PV's flying together pull_up sweet !!

FPV col said:
I won't be using that servo soon and I can't wait.. My brushless Gimbal will be here soon :D

Maybe this is a stupid question, can't you just replace the existing servo with something of better quality (brushless)?

Possibly, with a lot of hacking, but all you'll get then is a really smooth 1 axis gimbal, rather than a not very smooth 1 axis gimbal. With a 2 axis brushless gimbal you will absorb motion in both pitch and roll, meaning the camera remains level no matter what the aircraft does (apart from yaw, which effectively your camera pan).

Pull_Up said:
Less a hum and more of a horrid squealing, if you ask me! Like an old dial-up modem as others have said. It's perfectly normal and is a result of the digital servo being "always on" to be able to react to pitch movement and stabilise the camera a bit and be ready to move as soon as you hit the arrows on the app.

yep that's it 8) :lol:

You already know it's normal for the vision camera server to make a loud high pitch noise. Now on to how Rotor Pixel and Drone Expert move their server with both the app and the 7th Channel.

The extra channel on our RC controller for tilt sends out a signal through maybe the Naza M controller or some other output. Sending up down movement information. I don't believe that those connections are hooked up with the Vision camera as it doesn't need it. Your wifi connection handles all that. So My guess is you may have to add additional wire harness when connecting either of the two brushless gimbal options to the connecting leads inside your Phantom. In other words you're going to need to get under the hood, when installing either of these gimbals to enable full function and support. Since they're not using the visions camera servo at all. They must have the control wire which sends tilt information re-routed and combined with the control signals it receives from the controller's extra channel.

In theory it wouldn't be too hard utilizing any generic gimbal made to work with a Phantom 2 (non vision) and work out some custom mount of your own to attach the vision camera to the gimbal. Getting it to work with the tilt function in the app itself would require more complex wiring tho I think camera control from just the remote would be good enough.

Also it's anyone's guess if you will need to work out optimal balance when mounting it, or how forgiving it would be making your own mount to install the vision cam to a 3rd party gimbal. Anyway it's worth trying out for anyone with the time, expertise and money.

My Vision was also making the noise and the description of a fax machine is pretty good for the sound type. I made a short video to post as a new post to see if mine was defective, until I found this post had already been placed and answered my question. Here is the video anyway if anyone else needs to hear the problem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXV1qHvN ... e=youtu.be Glad it is normal as my original Phantom 1 did not make a noise, but does not come with a camera either. Anyway, maybe it will go away when I get my new gimbal from 'Dronexpert.nl'.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers