Vision - does it have IOC capability or not?

Sidewinder said:
If you notice his Iphone on the video he's got 143 e-mails waiting .... Phantom's sitting on desks all over the place. LOL

Sidewinder, your ´Vision´ is very sharp :lol: Probably all the emails are the same: When will the firmware update be available and will it resolve all of the issues we have?

I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to the meat and potatoes of the software settings
What does IOC mean and how is it beneficial? I got some stickers made for the S1 and S2 switch but I'm ignorant to what most of the toggle settings do. Help a brother out please

Pull_Up said:
See here for DJI's own intro video to IOC: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0dm100xz6U[/youtube]

thanks..helpful video...any videos out there showing me how the hell (if its possible) to find more info on how ground control app works? I have a phantom 2 vision and would like to test it. Do I need any parts? Are they easy to install? whats the range? (still within wifi extender signal range or just straight up satellite navigation until the battery runs out?

Ground control app has nothing to do with the Vision - it's for a completely different standalone DJI product that can be added to other aircraft in their range.

However DJI have issued a new release that states ground station functions will be coming to the Vision via a firmware and app upgrade - apparently very soon: http://www.dji.com/phantom-2-vision-wil ... abilities/

(That release said late December release, mind you...)

You can enable IOC by clicking on the Phantom 2 button in the top toolbar in the Assistant software.
The phantom then goes into Naza mode which means that the LED indications will be Naza and not Phantom 2.

You can go back to Phantom 2 by clicking the Naza button again, it resets everything to default.

Cor Brink said:
You can enable IOC by clicking on the Phantom 2 button in the top toolbar in the Assistant software.
The phantom then goes into Naza mode which means that the LED indications will be Naza and not Phantom 2.

You can go back to Phantom 2 by clicking the Naza button again, it resets everything to default.

It took me a while to figure out how to enter the Naza mode as it wasn't apparent or included in the instructions. At first the new light patterns were perplexing and I thought something bad happened during the conversion. I did some quick Googling and discovered the Naza LED patterns. It would have been kind of handy if they would have included a quick reference card you could tie on your transmitter for that one also.

MedX172 said:
Cor Brink said:

It took me a while to figure out how to enter the Naza mode as it wasn't apparent or included in the instructions. At first the new light patterns were perplexing and I thought something bad happened during the conversion. I did some quick Googling and discovered the Naza LED patterns. It would have been kind of handy if they would have included a quick reference card you could tie on your transmitter for that one also.

in fairness to DJI, it is documented around page 24 in the full manual only not every understandably eager pilot gets that far!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 387

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4