Vision - does it have IOC capability or not?

Reaction score
EDITED 17/11/13 as of version 1.05 of Phantom Vision Assistant - IOC is now available as an option to the Phantom Vision

First flight today and i was blown away by the controllability and ease of use.
Having watched all the DJI videos, i thought id try using the alternate flight methods by switching S2.
This had absolutely no affect on how the Vision flew at all, the sticks still remain in direct flight, i.e it was still orientation specific.

So I downloaded the PC driver and got the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant 1_01 Software loaded.

When I watched the DJI video about the Phantom Assistant software, there were a few more tabs and IOC enabling was one of them.

Here's what I've got (see screen grab) which , to me, backs up what i experienced today and implies the Vision is inferior to the Phantom V1?

null_zps2a9d11de.jpg

Just thought i'd add, i changed the battery level warnings shown in the screen grab - they were 30% and 20% by default

Nope, advanced doesn't have a tab for IOC or anything else other than Battery and Gimbal from memory (ive shut it all down now!)

odd that it would tell you IOC is turned off, but not offer a window to turn it on. wonder why.
perhaps they'll offer an update.

Wild that there''s a "percentage of life" field, wonder how they calculate that!!

[quote="Gizmo3000"perhaps they'll offer an update.[/quote]

Lets hope so because at the moment i feel a bit robbed - the left hand switch on my controller is just sat there mocking me!

I am glad to hear that I am not the only person surprised to find the Phantom Vision did not ship with IOC.
There are several dealers and online stores that list IOC on the feature list for the P2V.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/999838-REG/dji_djphvision_phantom_vision.html

http://aerialmediapros.com/store/ho...n-quadcopter-with-integrated-fpv-camera-.html

http://www.chiefaircraft.com/radio-control/multirotor/dji-innovations/dji-phantom/dji-phvis.html

Plus many more....

Hopefully this feature and also Failsafe programmed to switch S1 will become available soon with an update from DJI.

Had the same problem with the IOC but this is my first Phantom and just figured I got the switches mixed up somehow. Was having fun just flying it didn't matter at the time and when I got home I went to the "assistant" and saw the IOC "OFF". Thought I'd missed something but you can turn it on. eh.

Camera don't work now. (worked for half of one pack) buzzing noise coming from around the camera. No serial numbers on anything but the box and the range extender.

Over all .... fit and finish looks good and it flies really well. Lost the WiFi at 480' Altitude and about 100 meters out. came right back when I descended back through 450. Thought I was golden for a while today and the camera just stopped working after recharging the battery.

Bleach.e46, i dont know how your German is but i read it different.
As far as i know this is the situation at the moment (look at the first one):

5 november 2013

Update Info for Phantom 2 Vision

1. DJI will release a PC assistant software update for Phantom 2 Vision V1.05,with which, users can enable IOC on Phantom 2 Vision (You may need to firstly upgrade to firmware V1.05 on your Phantom 2 Vision)

2. A firmware update on the Phantom 2 Vision Autopilot system (V1.05) will be released this week or early next week.

3. The 5.8GHz receiver has a firmware update (v1.0.1.3) on this Monday. You can upgrade it via the PC assistant software. The Remote Controller also has a firmware update (v1.0.2.22). You can upgrade it via Remote Controller's assistant software which will be put on the website within this week.
Note1: This powerful upgrade allows you even under CE compliant mode, you can get 400m control range.
Note2: You must upgrade both Remote Controller and Receiver in order to let them work properly.

4. DJI is going to release a "Lens Filter Mount Kit" as spare part for Phantom 2 Vision within a few (1-2) weeks. The "Lens Filter Mount Kit" helps photographers to mount their 46mm lens filter on the Vision camera. The price will also be released later.

5. DJI is going to release PC software to convert its own RAW format to Adobe DNG RAW within a few weeks.

6. Some users accidentally pushed the reset button on the Range Extender which clears the binding between the Range Extender and Vision's Camera. We should warn the users before they do it as follows:
Do not press the reset button next to on/off switch on the Range Extender, which would clear the binding between Range Extender and Vision Camera. If this happens accidentally, then you have to re-bind them according to the instruction in Phantom 2 Vision User manual.

Pull_Up said:
Sounds like a translation of exactly the same info I saw on "another forum" from a reputable poster with links to DJI.

This is also what I heard.

On a similar note. I can't believe you have to take the TX apart in order to update the firmware. They couldn't put a jack on the case somewhere???

-slinger

I'm certainly hoping that IOC will be added shortly. As it seems fully functional on the Phantom V1, can't really see why it's not there from the start.
My concern is the lack of clarity about ATTI Mode and GPS Mode. The manual implies that the Vision has both modes with GPS being selected when you have flashing greens and ATTI when they are yellow. Well, mine can't be switched to ATTI mode by any method I can find. Switch 1 doesn't seem to have any effect and we are told that switch 2 is 'reserved' which should be for the IOC anyway. I'd like to be able to select ATTI as it gives smoother take offs and can give better stability for photography.
Something to look forward to! Otherwise, I'm very impressed with Vision.

Drone7 said:
Bleach.e46, i dont know how your German is but i read it different.
As far as i know this is the situation at the moment (look at the first one):

5 november 2013

Update Info for Phantom 2 Vision

1. DJI will release a PC assistant software update for Phantom 2 Vision V1.05,with which, users can enable IOC on Phantom 2 Vision (You may need to firstly upgrade to firmware V1.05 on your Phantom 2 Vision)

2. A firmware update on the Phantom 2 Vision Autopilot system (V1.05) will be released this week or early next week.

3. The 5.8GHz receiver has a firmware update (v1.0.1.3) on this Monday. You can upgrade it via the PC assistant software. The Remote Controller also has a firmware update (v1.0.2.22). You can upgrade it via Remote Controller's assistant software which will be put on the website within this week.
Note1: This powerful upgrade allows you even under CE compliant mode, you can get 400m control range.
Note2: You must upgrade both Remote Controller and Receiver in order to let them work properly.

4. DJI is going to release a "Lens Filter Mount Kit" as spare part for Phantom 2 Vision within a few (1-2) weeks. The "Lens Filter Mount Kit" helps photographers to mount their 46mm lens filter on the Vision camera. The price will also be released later.

5. DJI is going to release PC software to convert its own RAW format to Adobe DNG RAW within a few weeks.

6. Some users accidentally pushed the reset button on the Range Extender which clears the binding between the Range Extender and Vision's Camera. We should warn the users before they do it as follows:
Do not press the reset button next to on/off switch on the Range Extender, which would clear the binding between Range Extender and Vision Camera. If this happens accidentally, then you have to re-bind them according to the instruction in Phantom 2 Vision User manual.

Wow. Thats a lot of info. Seems like positive stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Thx for the post.

Billbo said:
Does anyone know when the IOC capability will be available for the Phantom 2 Vision?

Good question because they didn´t do what they promised: To have the update early this week.
What also is bothering me that they added a new video on November 11 how to fly the Vision and that is without the IOC :shock:

For me is ok to wait as long as the firmware is working as it should but I would like to know a deadline for the update because i know well enough how the Phantom looks like on my desk and i want it in the air where it should be.

http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-2-vision-downloads/

If you notice his Iphone on the video he's got 143 e-mails waiting .... Phantom's sitting on desks all over the place. LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik