Vision camera still drooping after software update.

Reaction score
I know I've read it somewhere, forgive me! But I've done the software update, haven't test flown properly yet due weather, but flew in my back garden. I notice the camera still droops after a while.

Now I know I've read something about a fix for this, but can't find it, anybody point me in the right direction please.
Thanks.

Not sure if that'll help, but I'd say it's worth the try - just go into Assistant software and adjust gimbal values there - once done you have to hit enter key to write it to the device - in the process it may help, just a guess... Anyhow those values need adjustment out of the box so it's a good idea to try ;-)

The 1.05 upgrade with the new gimbal defaults seems to have greatly improved the gimbal operation. The new limits seem to be perfect for the Vision and it does not seem to drop anymore.

Jim K.

The above is a response from a member of the Owners Thread.

Nice one dragan, will do that later today, thanks.

Edit:
Tried the defaults and doesn't seem to have done anything, same settings as before, after selecting "Defaults" in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Can anybody that has notice a change in the camera position after update, post what their settings to compare with mine. Here's a photo of the Assistant screen after selecting the Defaults button.

f5b66149d1669a436149cdf4e9bec565.jpg

Just had a quick test fly and it and it seems ok. However I have notice something else not related, I think. I've notice that the data on the vision app, specifically the Altitude: -3.2ft when on the ground. I always do a compass calibration before flight and allow the gps to get full signal. So don't know what's going on there!

4a867969b084cac3cc67a7a8967b606d.jpg

Shedracer said:
I know I've read it somewhere, forgive me! But I've done the software update, haven't test flown properly yet due weather, but flew in my back garden. I notice the camera still droops after a while.

Now I know I've read something about a fix for this, but can't find it, anybody point me in the right direction please.
Thanks.

I think we need to define what "drooping" means in your case (as everybody has their own perception)... Are you saying that when you tilt the camera to a specific angle - let's say all the way up for this example, after time, it moves considerably down from that angle and w/out touching the tilt button?

How long are you in the air for until this is noticed?

Hope this helps, I posted this somewhere else a wile ago. Using an iPhone 4 with the latest firmware, I noticed that once I tilted the camera up to where I wanted it, I then double tapped (like setting caps lock) the little icon above the tilt up a row, and it seemed to lock the camera in that position. The icon doesn't stay illuminated but I do notice if flash blue when the double tap is in rhythm. You can test it by holding the phantom and tilting the whole thing so it's facing the sky then watch the gimble compensate for the angle. When it's not locked it won't really compensate and will begin to point down instead of level. Hope that helps and is clear.

By the way this doesn't seem to work when I use a kindle fire hd, so I'm not sure about android.
Lastly I have a new unopened vision for sale if any wants it, no tax, and with some discount to be discussed?

Rich

Richhealth said:
Hope this helps, I posted this somewhere else a wile ago. Using an iPhone 4 with the latest firmware, I noticed that once I tilted the camera up to where I wanted it, I then double tapped (like setting caps lock) the little icon above the tilt up a row, and it seemed to lock the camera in that position. The icon doesn't stay illuminated but I do notice if flash blue when the double tap is in rhythm. You can test it by holding the phantom and tilting the whole thin so it's facing the sky mass watching the humble compensate for the angle. When it's not locked it won't really compensate and will begin to point demonstrate of level. Hope that helps and is clear.

By the way this doesn't seem to work when I use a kindle fire hd, so I'm not sure about android.
Lastly I have a new unopened vision for sale if any wants it, no tax, and with some discount to be discussed?

Rich

i don't think so... that icon is for using the phones accelerometer to adjust the camera tilt... so if you hold the button you can then tilt your phone in the direction you want and the camera will tilt as well.

Shedracer said:
Just had a quick test fly and it and it seems ok. However I have notice something else not related, I think. I've notice that the data on the vision app, specifically the Altitude: -3.2ft when on the ground. I always do a compass calibration before flight and allow the gps to get full signal. So don't know what's going on there!
Could this be when calibrating compass you are holding it 3.2 feet up in the air? Mine does the same thing.

Tried the defaults and doesn't seem to have done anything, same settings as before, after selecting "Defaults" in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Can anybody that has notice a change in the camera position after update, post what their settings to compare with mine.

Shedracer,

Your Gimbal setting have changed. In the Servo Travel Limit section, your Pitch F2 MIN setting now shows -1000. Before hitting the default tab it read -450. The rest of numbers are the same as before.

@ race3:

" i don't think so... that icon is for using the phones accelerometer to adjust the camera tilt... so if you hold the button you can then tilt your phone in the direction you want and the camera will tilt as well".[/quote]

Give it a try it works for me. I'm aware of the hold icon and tilt the phone feature, which is something I can't see actually using while trying to keep the wifi extender properly oriented, but quickly double tapping it does work for me as a way to set it in one fixed position. If I don't do it and I tilt the camera so it's looking straightforward, once I point the p2v straight upward the camera will not follow , but after a double tapping, it will actually use power and self rotate so it's pointing level with the nose (where I set it). When it's locked like that, it's actually functioning as a true single axis gimble, though it's pretty slow at compensating for fast tilting.

Rich

Ok people - just to clarify - I did change my gimbal settings to put them at their most. Therefore the min value is now -1000, max 1000 and the center one is -750. This gives me a level camera when switching the Vision on - I prefer it that way - I'd rather have the dead ahead picture as default instead of one looking downwards at an angle. Given this - minimum value (-1000) gives you the gimbal tilted as high up as it can go, max value (of 1000) as low as it can go. I do believe I've seen the camera go down a bit during normal flight but can't confirm it for sure since I do adjust it on the go - I'll try to pay attention next time I manage to fly (weather depending) and report back. Cheers!

Any updates on this ?

My brand new Phantom Vision 2 also does this thing. I upgraded firmware to 1.0.5 and when I start a flight with the camera facing the horizon it ends up pointing down at a 45 degree angle after a few moments of flight.

Geert said:
driscoll said:
Any updates on this ?

My brand new Phantom Vision 2 also does this thing. I upgraded firmware to 1.0.5 and when I start a flight with the camera facing the horizon it ends up pointing down at a 45 degree angle after a few moments of flight.

Change your gimbal settings min -1000 center -700 max 1000

It worked for me :)

Done!

Will test flight later today and report back.

Is the "Center" value the value it will use for the default position ?

Cool. I got it set up this way now and it does indeed start off horizontally.

1000 -700 -1000

Pitch gain 20

But now when I DO want the birds-eye view and make the camera point straight down during flight, it snaps right back up.

Maybe the numbers need further tweaking. Had strong winds today and it gets dark early here so couldn't do any extensive testing.

So hooked on this **** thing :D :D :D :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj