Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Vision camera question

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by pounder35, Jul 6, 2015.

1. pounder35

Yesterday I changed some of my camera settings such as resolution and ratio. This morning I noticed the camera has a mind of it's on as far as angle.Even though I adjust the camera with the Vision app it changes it vertical angle as I tilt the aircraft.Any ideal?

2. saylor

one of those icons ar left side of screen toggles gyro mode or manual adjust on the camera

3. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

If I understand what you are saying it is suppose to move if you are tilting the quad . Why its a gimbal .
    What ever angle you set it in the app if you move your bird it is going to move to stay in that position .

4. pounder35

I didn't think the mount on my Vision 2 was a true gimbal. I understand what you're saying but on my first few flights the camera didn't shift like that. I only noticed the change after changing some camera settings. I've gone through the camera settings menu but can't figure out what in the world I did. It's no big deal and I might actually like the change. I was planning on flying today but I'm at the beach it's pretty windy. Being a newbie I figure it's best not to get up in those conditions. I may try in the morning when the winds are normally calm. Thanks again for your response,

5. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

It is a gimbal but only moves up and down.
    Say you had it sitting on a level table and have your camera looking straight ahead and then lean your quad back
    the camera is going to adjust to where you had it pointed.
    See what I am saying ?

6. pounder35

Yes basically but I think of a gimbal as more of a fluid motion to keep the picture steady. In other words it not necessarily adjusts to the altitude but would just keep the camera balanced and steady. I guess I haven't grasped the concept yet. Sort of like understanding depth of field in photography. Simple once the right brain cells click.

7. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

Gotta ya ;)