Vision camera panning down - limited movement

IAP

Reaction score
I seem to have limited tilt down with my Vision camera. Latest firmwares installed.

I open the andriod app and see the gimbal level marker centre. Press down and it only pans the camera down marginally.
Press up, and the camera max's out hittintg the top of the mount at the point the app shows camera marker centre.

I have seen Youtube clips of the Vision camera pointing almost straight down. I had a look at the assistant software for gimbal settings and I cannot seem to get the same steep tilt.

Any ideas?

Go into the Phantom 2 Assistant software, you have to set the endpoints/travel by changing the numbers. Do this with props off and everything on, watching the cameras position after you change the values. after changing the value you have to hit enter for it to take effect. Run camera up and down. Repeat until you got it. NO BINDING
I had to adjust mine quite a lot. The main thing is to get full motion without binding at the full up and full down. You should be level with the camera when the app camera position graph is all the way up.
In the end, the camera does not go straight down. It is not designed to. It will bind on the mount first.

IAP said:
I seem to have limited tilt down with my Vision camera. Latest firmwares installed.

I open the andriod app and see the gimbal level marker centre. Press down and it only pans the camera down marginally.
Press up, and the camera max's out hittintg the top of the mount at the point the app shows camera marker centre.

I have seen Youtube clips of the Vision camera pointing almost straight down. I had a look at the assistant software for gimbal settings and I cannot seem to get the same steep tilt.

Any ideas?

My video on the Phantom 2 Vision camera tilt function and how to set up full range of movement is covered in my video. located here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5TcGt4Nsp4

As an added note to what I show in the video itself as I don't change the center value in this video. If you would prefer the power on state of the camera to be more in a centered versus tilting down position. Change the Center value from 0 to -850

BenDronePilot said:
IAP said:

Any ideas?

My video on the Phantom 2 Vision camera tilt function and how to set up full range of movement is covered in my video. located here.

As an added note to what I show in the video itself as I don't change the center value in this video. If you would prefer the power on state of the camera to be more in a centered versus tilting down position. Change the Center value from 0 to -850

That's funny. I just went looking for your youtube vid to help him out. I get back here and you've already got it covered. I set mine up like that yesterday and it worked out perfect.

Thanks...
-slinger

BenDronePilot said:
IAP said:

Any ideas?

That red you saw on the full down graph shows you are binding the servo. You can hear it. You just held it there. The longer you do that the more chance you have burning it up. Bad idea. You should back your numbers off a little.

BenDronePilot said:

Thanks guys, thanks Ben, yes this the clip I referred to when I tried the different settings. At 35sec mark on your clip, I have not been able to get that steep. I will have another go with the centre value at -850

I have tried your suggested settings. They dont let me pan down steeper.

I am sure the version of Phantom Vision is different to yours. There is no way in hell I can get the camea to point down as steep as you have shown on Youtube.

When I fire it up, the camera is already level.

I would also like to have the camera point down farther. I have the limit set at 1000 and the software won't accept anything greater. On the up limit, it will go high enough that the props appear in the pictures.

Sounds like you guys are going to bind your servos. If you look at where your camera mounts you will see mechanically there is a limit you can go before you have to physically modify it. I can see complaints coming as to why their camera servos don't work any more.

Nvr2fst said:
Sounds like you guys are going to bind your servos. If you look at where your camera mounts you will see mechanically there is a limit you can go before you have to physically modify it. I can see complaints coming as to why their camera servos don't work any more.

Mate, not all of us are that stupid!

Just watched the video and did the changes to my P2V. It worked like a charm. Thank you for the video

I have use the assistant software to adjust the gimble setting as seen on the Youtube
videos. This improved the motion range of the camera but I still have a problem.
the camera will not stay in horizontal position and creeps downward on it's own
requiring manual movement back up via the app slider.
Anyone find a solution?

Mate, not all of us are that stupid![/quote]

I am not your mate. YOU are the one trying to get help because YOU could not figure it out. Go figure. Yes some are- lets use a better phrase than the word you chose to use ,"less informed" than others. You are the second jerk on here to put words in my mouth. I am just trying to help save somebody a possible headache. It may have helped someone, not every one posts or replies. You do realize this right? A lot of people just lurk to learn something. Every day I get closer to just being a lurker and not saying anything on here.
What is wrong with some of you people. Sheesh.
If you are aware of servo bind than great. We all are very proud of you. But what you fail to realize is MANY people that buy the Phantom have no experience with RC. And BenDronePilot posted his video teaching people how to adjust this while he clearly is binding the servo. I was just making a note for people to watch out for it.

And people searching how to do this may very well not understand it. Case in point, I am somewhat experienced so I didn't need to look on how to do this. Once I saw my camera was not correct I looked in the software and figured very quickly how to correct it. Go find somebody new that just bought a Phantom and ask if they know what endpoints are. I think you will be very surprised. If somebody is searching for how to fix this issue there is a good chance they have no experience or understanding.
Thank you for standing up and letting me know that EVERYBODY knows what you know. (Or you don't know)

I don't want to create any more arguments on here but some people are just too annoying.

Nvr2fst said:
I am not your mate. YOU are the one trying to get help because YOU could not figure it out. Go figure. Thank you for standing up and letting me know that EVERYBODY knows what you know. (Or you don't know)

I don't want to create any more arguments on here but some people are just too annoying.

Oh wow, elitism MUCH!
:lol:

"Oh wow, elitism MUCH!"

I am not going back and forth with you. I am not sure why you called me out for trying to help people but whatever. You have issues and you are not even remotely clever. So move on, and I will too. Hows that sound?

AliceDoc said:
I have use the assistant software to adjust the gimble setting as seen on the Youtube
videos. This improved the motion range of the camera but I still have a problem.
the camera will not stay in horizontal position and creeps downward on it's own
requiring manual movement back up via the app slider.
Anyone find a solution?

I'm having the same problem as you are and I'm also wondering if anyone has found a solution to this.

Hi NVR2fst
Every day I get closer to just being a lurker and not saying anything on here.

Don't do that, we are many newcomers here who are REALLY happy for all the help we can get here :!:
On all Forums there are jerks, but again we or at least I am very happy for the help.
This is such a great place. I haven't even got my PV2 yet (hopefully tomorrow) but while I have been waiting for it, I have been reading and asking a lot in here, and I'm feeling quite well prepared for my first flight (sh... I can't wait)
So thanks to all the guys in here for all the help.

Nvr2fst said:

Sorry but I'm going to have to correct you on this fact. I am NOT binding the servo at any point using the numbers I provided. I listen VERY carefully to when the servo is actually being used or stressed. When reaching the full range up or down it is done.

Also unless you're actively holding the slider button to pan up or down the servo isn't actually working to continue pushing it further up or down. Believe me there are no worries at all here with this setup in regarding the servo travel. To each their own you can feel free to use more relaxed numbers which won't get you to full up or down tilt should you be worried.

Thanks Ben,

I really appreciate your assistance. I worked for ten years selling process/control devices to industry, like I don't know what a servo is.

LMAO.

IAP said:
Thanks Ben,

I really appreciate your assistance. I worked for ten years selling process/control devices to industry, like I don't know what a servo is.

LMAO.

What the hell are you LYAO for?
****, glad you know what a servo is. I don't recall anybody telling you what a servo was. As a matter of fact no one said anything to you directly.

oooh.....you worked for ten years selling things to industry? Wow. Cool. Now we understand how you know so much.

Since you feel so inclined to point this out to us...........

Then, why again are you on here asking how to do these things? Your a weird dude.
Come in from the sun a bit. I hear it can be a bit intense down there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic