Vision camera mount swappable with H3-2D Zenmuse for P2?

Reaction score
What screws does the h3-2d have to mount to the P2?

Basically I was wondering If it would be possible to remove the FC200 camera and it's mounts then swap it with a zenmuse designed for the P2.

As the board's are the same for the P2 and P2V would I be right in thinking this would be possible and the Zenmuse would work out plug&play with some minor adjustments in the P2 assistant?

below is a shot of the screws available for mounting to the P2V

Attachments

• IMG_1512.JPG
    IMG_1512.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 395
I think you certainly lose fpv. Your question begs for a Technical Manual that would cover hardware and software descriptions and diagrams. I'd write one if I had a P2V to disassemble and signal trace. We should at least have an exploded view for spare parts and repair that includes part numbers and descriptions.

Looking at the V2 install video from this point: http://youtu.be/FjRaCYtQtvM?t=1m43s it looks like the bottom shell is identical, therefore the fixings would be identical.

Not plug and play as there's no cable pre-installed in the Vision, you'd need to open her up and run one from the board out and down to the gimbal. Also, we don't know if the port on the Vision board marked Zenmuse is actually live, so it might be an expensive experiment if not. You'd also have none of the Vision fpv/telemetry/remote camera control, and a shorter control range than the P2.

I'd say if you like the Vision features of full remote camera control look at the rotorpixel.com or the dronexpert.nl third-party gimbals that use the Vision camera. Otherwise sell up and buy the P2 with Zenmuse working out of the box, add a GoPro and then you can always add FPV, OSD, as required...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues