Vision camera limited movement

Reaction score
So I have the Phantom 2 vision. My camera started acting up today. It now has very limited movement up and down. When I try to tilt it in the app it doesn't point down near as far as it did and seems to point higher up towards the props in its highest position. Any ideas? Thanks

I had mine like that once and the dead rod on the other side had broke look there . If that not it I would look app settings and make sure you have FPV set to off and if that didn't fix it I would go in to assistant and reset my gimbal settings to default again and see if that helps .
That's just what I would do ;)

Nilo80 said:
So I have the Phantom 2 vision. My camera started acting up today. It now has very limited movement up and down. When I try to tilt it in the app it doesn't point down near as far as it did and seems to point higher up towards the props in its highest position. Any ideas? Thanks

Did you upgrade Frimaware ? Use Vision Assistant, reset and calibrate gimbal using this panel:

Edit: No Vision+ but Visio phantom. (wrong panel image deleted)

When hooked up to assistant this is the default settings . Click on picture

Attachments

• IMG_0602.JPG
    IMG_0602.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 515
Thanks a lot for the replies everyone. I hooked it up to the assistant and the gimbal ranges are all on default. Still having the same trouble. It seems like the gimbal thinks the camera is in the down most position when it's only slightly pointed down and as I raise it in the app it only goes up until it hits on the top of the camera. It doesn't seem to be mechanical, rather something out of whack in the calibration.

This might sound drastic but with the camera in the app pointed all the way down take and see if you can move the camera with your hand all the way down. I do mine when it gets out of sync as my little gear is worn. Don't force it but see if that helps. If it does then tighten that screw real good !

Thanks Dirklod
I did what you recommended and it seemed to work. I had to push fairly hard but it popped and then I could point it down as before. I'm not sure that it's working perfectly as I still hit the top of the camera just before I get to the top in the app but it's almost like it was before. Thanks a lot for the help. Hopefully I didn't break it!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic