Vision+ camera lens upgrade?

The 5.4mm lens is awesome for my type of videoing. Mines on a GoPro H3+ Black however.

the lens seems to have removed the barrel/fisheye effect, is it edited out of the video or is the lens upgrade the cure??

locoworks said:
the lens seems to have removed the barrel/fisheye effect, is it edited out of the video or is the lens upgrade the cure??
Its a flat field Rectilinear lens which gives no fisheye and no need for any distortion resulting from having to previously to correct it in software. It is also about twice the focal length of the standard lens so no need to get physically quite as close to the subject. Image area on the sensor is 10 mega pixel which is still amazingly good.

It says installation instructions are included - does anyone have any idea how complicated/difficult it is to install?

It would be nice to see some before/after shots demonstrating the fisheye removal, but more importantly how the FOV is altered.

There are quite a few utubes out there. Here is one. DJI Phantom 2 Vision + 5.4mm lens upgrade: http://youtu.be/xlXoJFM1Blk. That guys channel has a few. Its the same lens thats in my GoPro

malacca said:
It would be nice to see some before/after shots demonstrating the fisheye removal, but more importantly how the FOV is altered.
Like I said FL is twice the stock and therefore FOV is 80 deg compared to 140 deg - or is it 160 deg? It means its safer because you do not have to fly as close to subjects as you would with the stock lens...unless you want to of course :) :).

If its wide pano's you want then use the stock lens. Once the stock lens is out its a straight screw in replacement to swap them. Each has to be focused each time but a small mark on the lens surround and the casing lets the focus be set quickly each time you swap.

The IR filter on the back of the lens can easily be removed too and you then have a IR night vision lens! Its not replaceable though. However the same lens can be bought from Aliexpress for £70 GBP including DHL shipping. I don't know specificlly what the vision + kit contains. I'm just passing on my experience of the lens with the GoPro.

malacca said:
In this video I took of Common seals the first lot of scenes are with the stock lens. From the misty day scenes onwards are with the 5.4mm lens. Remember this is with tbe gopro Hero 3+ Black edition but the lens is the same as the P2V+ replacement kit.

Seals of the Ards: http://youtu.be/BxjXr-TFD7A

Beautiful video Irishsights. I need that 5.4 lense upgrade for my PV2. If I had to choose one new feature for a Vision it would be the 5.4 lense. Exploring and looking for wildlife with my quad is my thing. Pretty hard to do that with the super wide angle stock camera. Thanks for posting.

I'm surprised that DJI doesn't seem to understand their market as it relates to the camera lens. The GoPro was designed to mount to someone's helmet or skateboard or handle bars and be able to provide video up close without having to use a viewfinder. They need a very wide angle lens to make sure they capture what they want to see.

The Phantom has a completely different set of requirements. It is flying high in the sky, not close to the face or ground like GoPro. I never understood why DJI would want a GoPro setup when their application is so different.

Using the narrower FOV is so simple I can't understand why this isn't the stand lens for all P2V+!!!!...?????

If its anything like replacing the pv2 lens , it pretty much was a major undertaking , special tool had to be made etc. there was a who series of videos on it. No way I was going to screw with that. Good luck.

IrishSights said:
malacca said:
In this video I took of Common seals the first lot of scenes are with the stock lens. From the misty day scenes onwards are with the 5.4mm lens. Remember this is with tbe gopro Hero 3+ Black edition but the lens is the same as the P2V+ replacement kit.

Captivating clip. Well done. I assume not made using a V+? The tilt was way too smooth for that!

CBS

Yeah Connor its a P2 with the tilt speed set to 1!

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

IrishSights said:
malacca said:

Super video.

IrishSights said:
malacca said:

What app did you edit your video with?

I used Magix Movie Edit Pro 2013 Plus. No need now to de-fisheye in GoPro Studio with the flat field lens...one less step! A few of the scenes were passed through Virtualdub deshaker plugin, most were not though. Wish I had a Workstation for rendering.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl