Vision camera dpi count

Reaction score
Hi,
Is anyone knowledgeable about printing and the vision cameras photo conversion to dpi , I'm thinking of doing a local calendar for 2015 of seasonal photos etc but from looking at printers it needs to be at least 300dpi ?

Cheers :)

DPI is Dots Per Inch. Thus, it is a relationship between the ACTUAL print size and the number of pixels (dots) in your image.

Thus, you can have two images, both 600x400 pixels (dots). If you print that photo 1 inch WIDE, the final PRINT has a resolution of 600 dots per inch. Print it 2 inches wide, and now you're at 300 DPI (600 dots divided by 2 inches).

So you see how asking about a camera or image DPI doesn't really apply. What you want to be asking is the PIXEL size of the image.

The FC200 Camera files are 4384 x 3288 pixels. PRINTED at 300 DPI, you'll end up with a 14" x 10" print.

Printed at a 150 DPI, you'll get a print size of 29" x 21".

Hope that short explanation helps. If you're still confused, google around for some other explanations. I'm sure someone else has already explained it better than me.

Cheers guys, you nailed that explanation for someone who is rubbish at math..
I'm guessing then if you used a4 size then your print would be about 8"x8" to leave a bit a the bottom for the calendar , as that would probably be my preference , so within the minimal quality recommended :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie