Vision app video range

Reaction score
I have noticed the distance that I keep a video feed varies. During one flight yesterday I was basically flying straight up five feet from where I was standing and got nearly 900' before I lost video signal but the altimeter kept working as I went to about 1050'. hen on a later flight I could only go up about 400'' before losing video signal and the weird thing is I would have to bring it back down several feet to regain signal. I did update the Vision App yesterday, said it was only bug fixes. The 900' was the highest I have gone before losing signal on many previous flights its been much less before dropping out.

There are so many variables when it come to the distance that 2.4G will work in. Obstacles in the way like building and trees are big ones. But the biggest is the channel congestion in my area here. Depending on the appliance you are using (IOs or Android) look for a app called WiFi Analyzer. It will display the amount of other 2.4g and 5.8g radiation traffic in your location. To make it simple a stronger signal on the same channel can capture or interfere with your downlink.
Hope this helps

Once you get past 300 or 400ft in any direction you need to make sure the range extender is pointing directly at the aircraft's direction/elevation for best performance and keep changing it as appropriate. Also, the wifi antennas in the aircraft are on the sides of the camera, so orientating the aircraft to keep it side-on to your range extender should get you a bit further than front or back facing you. Reducing the preview quality can keep the video feed a live a little bit longer, too (as opposed to just the telemetry which you saw when pushing the range).

About 1000ft in any direction (including up) is what I get in wifi-free countryside - but that changes depending on the clutter in the landscape, too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl