Vision App Issues 1st Post be gentle

Reaction score
I'm new to this site and also to the Phantom product
I have just purchased the DJI Phantom 2 Vision + (The model with DJI own gimbal and camera attached)
I have managed to fly the model without crashing and down load the Vision App onto my iphone 5S I can get the transmitter to link up via wi fi to the phone
But for the life of me I can't seem to get the camera to sync to the phone it wont scan the Qr code on the manual wont allow me to rename it I just don't know what I am doing wrong
The camera is working as I check the sd card and it has recorded the flight but I have no control what so ever over the gimbal or camera
Hoping some one here can help
Thanks in advance Jono

So are you saying you have no FPV on your phone to see what the camera is seeing? I didn't use the QR code and don't see why you should have to either. Can you provide a video or more detailed description of your problem?

When you check the wifi on the iPhone, do you see the Phantom in the available wifi SSID list? You need to connect to the Phantom wifi, which is really the range extender signal, before you will see anything on the DJI app. Like Sasquatch, there is no need to scan the QR code. Just connect to the SSID labeled Phantomxxx.

Sasquatch said:
So are you saying you have no FPV on your phone to see what the camera is seeing? I didn't use the QR code and don't see why you should have to either. Can you provide a video or more detailed description of your problem?

I have connected the wifi to the phantom and again through the vision App everything loads but states camera connection failed and shows battery at 0% and doesnt recognise the standard SD card

dannytroy said:
When you check the wifi on the iPhone, do you see the Phantom in the available wifi SSID list? You need to connect to the Phantom wifi, which is really the range extender signal, before you will see anything on the DJI app. Like Sasquatch, there is no need to scan the QR code. Just connect to the SSID labeled Phantomxxx.

I have made sure I am linked up to the phantom extender but I still get Camera connection failed on the iphone screen

thanks
Jono

4wd said:
It would be worth uninstalling the app and downloading again.
You might clear the cache before uninstall in case some settings are retained.

Good idea. When all else fails, reboot or do a re-installation.

Since you are connected I'm just wondering if you're connected to the wifi in the Phantom itself and not the wifi extender. I had that trouble with a Phantom Vision (non-plus) that I had for a short while. I sent it back for the Plus version, so it wasn't a real problem for me. If you turn off the Phantom and only have the extender on I wonder if you will connect to the same SSID? Note that the SSID for the Phantom is slightly different than the one on the extender. My Phantom SSID doesn't show up on my setup, but it might on yours. I can see where this is driving you crazy. So near and yet so far.

Another thing to try is to use another device, whether iPhone or Android, and see if you get full functionality with that device. Don't forget, you can only connect to one device at a time, so you have to disconnect from the other device before you are allowed to connect to your main device. I guess they did it that way to prevent people from hacking in while you are flying.

I have given everything to a friend of mine to see if she can do any better than me at getting the camera to work over the weekend. She also has and android smart phone so she may do a little better being a different device

Come back if you still have a problem and I will take you through setup from the beginning !

;)

pyrophantom said:
Come back if you still have a problem and I will take you through setup from the beginning !

;)
Thanks for that I will let you know how I go on Monday :p

Well it is now sorted
My friend was far smarter than I was
Apparently when it says scan QR code from packaging it means the QR code under the camera not the one in the manual
I also had to delete and reload the app for everything to work correctly
But for now everything seems to be as it is meant to be
Thanks for all the advice
now to go out and play :p

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4