Vision app/galaxy S3 issue

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the forum but not flying. Purchased a DJI PV two days ago and after much heart ache got it configured to mode 1 which is straight forward once you know how! :)
Anyways my next slight issue is I cannot get the camera vision app to connect on my S3 phone. My phone keeps looking for an ip address.I have the latest versions, green light on the camera, switch to wi fi on the camera. when I select Phantom_1----- in my phones wi fi it keeps looking for an ip address. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or missing please?

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

Mark.

On your phone look in the Advanced settings under Wifi. There will be a option there you will probably find enabled by default which means the phone is always looking for, and preferring, networks with internet connectivity. Not good if you are relying on it for flight data and/or fpv! Uncheck that option and you should be good to go.

I'm being a little unspecific as I use a Nexus 4 with vanilla Android KitKat - other phones will have a slightly different interface with slightly different ways of describing the said feature - hopefully with what I've written you'll be able to find the appropriate option on your build.

Pull_Up said:
On your phone look in the Advanced settings under Wifi. There will be a option there you will probably find enabled by default which means the phone is always looking for, and preferring, networks with internet connectivity. Not good if you are relying on it for flight data and/or fpv! Uncheck that option and you should be good to go.

I'm being a little unspecific as I use a Nexus 4 with vanilla Android KitKat - other phones will have a slightly different interface with slightly different ways of describing the said feature - hopefully with what I've written you'll be able to find the appropriate option on your build.

Many thanks for that. I cannot seem to find any advanced options! doh. My DJI app just wants to stay connected to my home wifi. I think you are on the right track. I will keep looking. Very frustrating though.

Regards,

Mark.

mrmac said:
Pull_Up said:

Many thanks for that. I cannot seem to find any advanced options! doh. My DJI app just wants to stay connected to my home wifi. I think you are on the right track. I will keep looking. Very frustrating though.

Regards,

Mark.
Open wifi in settings, then hit the button left of your home button where the settings button is. advanced options should be there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help. Still no good. Ive even turned the home wifi off but when i try to connect to the app its still looking for an ip address. On my phone i am tryto connect to phantom_1........ which is the only DJI one I see.

Many thanks,

Regards,

Mark.

Have you registered with the app first? You'll need internet connection to do that, but it's a once-only deal. Once registered you don't need internet connectivity again for the app.

Forgetting the app, are you able to get your phone to connect to the phantom_****** SSID without launching the app? If not, that's the bit we need to trouble-shoot. If it does connect but the app isn't performing properly, that's another issue.

Can you give us a bit more info about how you're set up... do you have the transmitter, range extender and aircraft all turned on (do it that order, always - reverse that order to switch off - safety first!)? Is the switch on the back of the Vision camera pushed all the way over to the right? Just trying to narrow down where it's going wrong...

Pull_Up said:
Have you registered with the app first? You'll need internet connection to do that, but it's a once-only deal. Once registered you don't need internet connectivity again for the app.

Forgetting the app, are you able to get your phone to connect to the phantom_****** SSID without launching the app? If not, that's the bit we need to trouble-shoot. If it does connect but the app isn't performing properly, that's another issue.

Can you give us a bit more info about how you're set up... do you have the transmitter, range extender and aircraft all turned on (do it that order, always - reverse that order to switch off - safety first!)? Is the switch on the back of the Vision camera pushed all the way over to the right? Just trying to narrow down where it's going wrong...

Hi,

I cannot see phantom_****ssid with the model all on and the wi fi extender on. I have managed to connect it to my wifes Kindle Fire and my camera is working ok on that but my Samsung S3 does not want to play.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Mark.

Re: Vision app/galaxy S3 issue.

Well that narrows it down to an issue with the setup on your phone then. I don't have an S3, but hopefully someone who has successfully got one working will be along soon with their setup details for you.

As an aside, good to know it works on the Kindle Fire - I don't think we've seen anyone reporting that they are using one yet

Re: Vision app/galaxy S3 issue.

Pull_Up said:
Well that narrows it down to an issue with the setup on your phone then. I don't have an S3, but hopefully someone who has successfully got one working will be along soon with their setup details for you.

As an aside, good to know it works on the Kindle Fire - I don't think we've seen anyone reporting that they are using one yet

Many thanks and fingers crossed. Been on it all day!! Wi fi extender now needs charging. At worst look likes I will be using the kindle, do not tell the wife.......

Many thanks once again,

Regards,

Mark.

I have an S3 and it works.

I do have an issue with the WiFi 1xxx not showing up for ages. However, I think this usually occurs when there are a lot of other WiFi points around. Sometimes it will connect then disconnect - I just retry and it then locks on .. sometimes. Can take a few tries.

I also ordered one of these and seems to work well : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Baytter-Glare-U ... B00AHSIK7A

Bunyarra said:

I do have an issue with the WiFi 1xxx not showing up for ages. However, I think this usually occurs when there are a lot of other WiFi points around. Sometimes it will connect then disconnect - I just retry and it then locks on .. sometimes. Can take a few tries.

I also ordered one of these and seems to work well : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Baytter-Glare-U ... B00AHSIK7A

Many thanks for that, i will have to try it in the field so to speak. Interesting though in the house my wifes Kindle hooks up straight away.

Regards,

Mark.

mrmac said:
Bunyarra said:

Many thanks for that, i will have to try it in the field so to speak. Interesting though in the house my wifes Kindle hooks up straight away.

Regards,

Mark.
A BIG THX to ALL you guys on here after another day of messing with my phones settings hey presto as if by magic all working and i am a very happy Vision owner. Now for test flying......

Regards,

Mark.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic