Vision and Rotorpixel Installation

Reaction score
Has anyone received their Rotorpixel gimbal and successfully installed and flying as expected?

We received ours but my guys are saying they followed all the instructions and it won't fire motors and lights on drone not working. Of course Rotorpixel customer service is ALL OVER IT!!! (sarcasm)

Please let me know if anyone was successful or having issues as well. After all the wait, it'd be nice to work straight out...

There is also a decent thread for RotorPixel technical discussion that might be of interest

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10814

After all the wait, it'd be nice to work straight out...

That's, unfortunately, pretty unlikely for any gimbal... since everyone's Phantom is going to be a little different. There's likely always going to be tweaking and adjusting involved. Some folks (maybe even the majority) are lucky and have no issues... perfectly plug-and-play (or... "perfect" enough for them). But others have to fiddle with gains and whatnot to smooth things out. Go figure.

(by the way... you got me curious... who are "your guys"?)

Not sure what the gimbal has to do with the motors not starting... Gimbal or phantom motors?

To answer your question, yes I received my Gimbal and it installed very easily.. And I'm not one of those "guys"... Works flawlessly

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 392
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 382
Thanks for the replies. Looks like it was sheer irony that installation was fine but simultaneously a firmware update and calibration were needed. All's good.

Oh and my guys are my field production team. We have two P2V+'s and this particular 'older' (ha!) Vision that needed the axis gimbal so it could contribute. We'd been in line for the rotorpixel as long as everybody and glad to now have three in service.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers