vision and ground station

Reaction score
Has anyone heard if the Vision will have a ground station option? It looks like it has more smarts than its using out of the box.

Mine has a ground station ........... it's called my work bench. That's where it's been for two weeks now. Lemon

There's a ground station app for the Ipad. I haven't downloaded it yet as I can't get the thing to stay connected more than a few seconds and the camera doesn't get power anyway. Not sure if it will work with the Vision or if it was for the other models.

I tried the ipad app but got a not-compatable message for my gen2 ipad. The app revision date is 11/1/13 ... same as the Vision - so it got me wondering if DJI isn't planning for the Vision to be GS compatible.

Sidewinder said:
There's a ground station app for the Ipad. I haven't downloaded it yet as I can't get the thing to stay connected more than a few seconds and the camera doesn't get power anyway. Not sure if it will work with the Vision or if it was for the other models.

Hi guys,

WIFI connection..... not sure if you guys are using an Android or iOS device? there is a problem with new Android phones using V 4.2 x and higher V4.3 for sure. switch on the airplane mode and then use WIFI.....

I'm using Android 4.3 for sure. And yes connection is a problem. Sometimes it will connect but usually it connects and immediately drops the connection. Only about three or four time has it stayed connected long enough to bring the application back up. They need to fix it as they advertise it works with Android. Part of the decision making process when considering the purchase was it would work with my current phone.

FWIW when I put it in airplane mode it turns off the wifi. I turn the wifi back on and the the phone says the Phantom is out of range sitting 3 inches from the extender. It is a can of worms for sure.

For Android 4.3 users (and possibly others) go to Settings > Wifi > Advanced and uncheck "Avoid poor connections". This will prevent the phone from dropping the phantom's SSID in order to look for a better one because it can't see the internet when connected. For max video throughput you you might also want to uncheck "Wifi optimisation" as well to see if that helps.

I have done the above on a Nexus 4 with 4.3 and have never had any connection issues between phone and P2V.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers