Vision + and Android Tablet sun-shield?

Reaction score
My Android tablet works well with the Vision +. Good video capture and great WiFi range! But
even with a home-made black sun shield it is nearly impossible to see the live video feed if it is sunny
out. I have set the tablet brightness as high as possible without much success.

I would appreciate a discussion on how to get a viewable image from the tablet. I even tried
a 'black out cloth' draped over my head and tablet-receiver, but then I can't see the Phantom.

It is a problem. I like your black cloth idea, because I have thought of it also. I don't have anything that big, just my cell phone. I made a cardboard tube or box, painted it black inside, has a flip door on the lower end to reach my finger in to adjust the camera, and it works OK.

Spent about a week trying to get something to keep the sun off my new iPad mini I specifically bought for use with my P2V+. My final solution was this stuff:

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/offi ... Term=board
and some black cloth tape (similar to: http://www.photoalbumshop.com/prod193.htm) but a lot cheaper from my local Supercheap Auto store.

Cost me AUD$7.09 + $3.50 for tape and allowed me to do this all from home.

So I cut out a piece that was as long as all of the edges of the iPad mini and as high as I wanted it to stick out. Used the back of the scissors to score the board along it's ridges so that those parts bent easy (about 3 ridges was enough to make rounded corners). Then folded it into a rectangle and stuck one piece of tape to close it up. As it fits snugly on the border of the iPad mini I didn't need to stick it down. It just grips on and works perfectly. Hope this helps. If I really didn't explain it well enough I might upload a photo if needed.

Oh yeah, and I have most of the board left over for other cool stuff! Btw, it's also waterproof and allows my iPad mini to stay dry while I run out of the rain trying to get my P2V+ out of the sky at the same time :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408488428.203873.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408488428.203873.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 479
I have this with my nexus 7. Works great. A little difficult to figure out at first but there is an amazon review that explains how to mount it. You'll have the hang of it in no time. Also, an anti glare screen protector aids in visibility

Has anyone tried wearing those amber-colored sunglasses like the ones advertized on tv that supposedly cut out glare? I see they are now selling an amber plastic car sun visor flip-down lens for driving. I might try to pick up a cheap pair of amber sun glasses at the local store to see if they help clear up sun glare on my iPhone. Even a home-made black sun-box hasn't helped much.

MapMaker53 said:
Has anyone tried wearing those amber-colored sunglasses like the ones advertized on tv that supposedly cut out glare? I see they are now selling an amber plastic car sun visor flip-down lens for driving. I might try to pick up a cheap pair of amber sun glasses at the local store to see if they help clear up sun glare on my iPhone. Even a home-made black sun-box hasn't helped much.

You mean polarized glases ? Worth to try, though I think there is already polarizer in LCD display and it will mess with glasses which might lead to no picture visible on LCD at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78GdcXCM9nk#t=37

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik