Vision+ 720 @ 60fps

jimdenburg said:
A faster card (class 10) would be better when shooting 60fps. I don't think the "jerkiness" of the footage has anything to do with the footage itself, but more the card if your playing it off the card or even the computer you play back on. Very impressed with the video from the +! I jumped in about 4 months too early and have the original vision. Still love to fly it but a +, or P3V, or ++ is in my future.

Thanks for the info! What card would you recommend?

I have an 16GB Sandisk Micro SD that will not format on the P2V+ so it looks like I'll need to buy a new one anyways.

YeeaaBoii said:
jimdenburg said:
A faster card (class 10) would be better when shooting 60fps. I don't think the "jerkiness" of the footage has anything to do with the footage itself, but more the card if your playing it off the card or even the computer you play back on. Very impressed with the video from the +! I jumped in about 4 months too early and have the original vision. Still love to fly it but a +, or P3V, or ++ is in my future.

I have an 16GB Sandisk Micro SD that will not format on the P2V+ so it looks like I'll need to buy a new one anyways.

these are what you will want
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... =BESTMATCH

My issue with 720p is that you bring back more of the fisheye look than you get at 1080p. If you got the same FOV as with 1080p/30 S then I would be really happy. So you have to make a choice of quality over distortion sometimes.

Here is a video I did today, all shot in 720p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-sejT5Yh5Y

kgarrison said:
My issue with 720p is that you bring back more of the fisheye look than you get at 1080p. If you got the same FOV as with 1080p/30 S then I would be really happy. So you have to make a choice of quality over distortion sometimes.

Here is a video I did today, all shot in 720p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-sejT5Yh5Y

certain videos editors mentioned in many posts can counteract fisheye. (or at least minimalism it)

dragonash said:
YeeaaBoii said:
jimdenburg said:

these are what you will want
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... =BESTMATCH
Dang I didn't see your post soon enough. I ordered the Sandisk Ultra 32GB off Amazon and it's already on it's way to me. It got good reviews though so I don't think I'll have a problem.

I've been recording in 720@60 which I find looks just as good as 1080 but smoother...
the only issue I have with the 720 files is that it takes FOREVER for YouTube to upload for some reason (compared to 1080 files)

YeeaaBoii said:
Dang I didn't see your post soon enough. I ordered the Sandisk Ultra 32GB off Amazon and it's already on it's way to me. It got good reviews though so I don't think I'll have a problem.

You'll be very happy with the Sandisk Ultra. I've used them in GoPro for years, and now I have one in my Vision +. Works great.

plasmo said:
I've been recording in 720@60 which I find looks just as good as 1080 but smoother...
the only issue I have with the 720 files is that it takes FOREVER for YouTube to upload for some reason (compared to 1080 files)

I just realized why...
When I edit the 720@60 files with Sony Vegas Pro, the output render file is huge.
Anyone else use Vegas to edit, and what render settings do u use when working with 720@60 ? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YeeaaBoii said:

Those are just fine.
They are rated for camera and not all cards are labeled the same, but are in the same class.
I use sandisk all the time.

plasmo said:
plasmo said:

I just realized why...
When I edit the 720@60 files with Sony Vegas Pro, the output render file is huge.
Anyone else use Vegas to edit, and what render settings do u use when working with 720@60 ? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can finish the file in Vegas, but I would use "Handbrake" for compression. It's what a lot of people use to compress videos and then upload them

http://handbrake.fr/

Hi all,

first post here. had my phantom 2v+ for a few days.

Whilst I'm super impressed with this thing I'm a little disappointed with the video. Whilst the quality is good, compared to a go-pro H3 it can't touch it. Throwing a faster memory card at it isn't going to help. The MB/s of the video is very low and shooting over water or grass results in serious compression artefact. my 720p/60 videos are coming out at 12Mb/s and 1080p/30 at just over 11Mb/s. (you can see your bitrate in quicktime players movie inspector) Compared to 1080p/60 from my GoPro H3black that pumps out 45Mb/s!!
Throwing class 10 at it ins't going to make bucklies difference. I'm going to see if DJI are able to up the bitrate of the video codec in the camera that will improve the video no end.

I'll upload some shots but so far it's happens on water / grass. I believe some people are complaining this is is soft focus.

other than that, awesome toy!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub