Vision+ 720 @ 60fps

I don't have any yet but. I can shoot a sample for you to check, or even upload the original file directly to y on wetransfer or something if you really wanna check how it is, cos then you can do some speed test in your video editing software.
Waiting for the wind to calm down right now.

If anyone has some, i'm sure it will be posted at some point. I usually work with 1080p but the 60p might be a good option for when i will be back shooting my friends surf sessions so i will try it anyway. I'll post the link to downlaod the file in this thread.

Bless !

Didjelirium said:
I don't have any yet but. I can shoot a sample for you to check, or even upload the original file directly to y on wetransfer or something if you really wanna check how it is, cos then you can do some speed test in your video editing software.
Waiting for the wind to calm down right now.

If anyone has some, i'm sure it will be posted at some point. I usually work with 1080p but the 60p might be a good option for when i will be back shooting my friends surf sessions so i will try it anyway. I'll post the link to downlaod the file in this thread.

Bless !

Thanks heaps! A link will be great :D

Mcyz250 said:
Thanks heaps! A link will be great :D

No problem. I will try to get something with actual movement on it too, and not just panning or strictly landscape so you can experiment. Usually slow motion means some action, or really super smooth scenery. :)

If i'm lucky i can go out before the night's down here, which is in roughly 4h... Hope the wind will have slowed down by then.

Alright, here it is : http://we.tl/Y8MTw3wTub

This is the file as is, I didn't edit anything and certainly not the stabilization. That camera is stable, I can't help but be impressed every time. And it was still quite windy.
It's not a mesmerizing footage but you can slow it down, even in VLC, and get an idea. There's a dude in the park and an overview of the area. North of Jing'An district, Shanghai, China, by the Suzhou river.

Shot in 720p / 60fps obviously, cloudy WB, 100 ISO, 60hz flicker.

Hope it can help your decision making.
Once again, as far as i'm concerned. So far so good. Even tough i cut a tiny branch of a tree by misjudging distance. Didn't crash, just pulled back right on time, still not fast enough to avoid cutting a branch. Props are fine, on dent or anything. Impressed I am.

Bless !

Didjelirium said:

This is the file as is, I didn't edit anything and certainly not the stabilization. That camera is stable, I can't help but be impressed every time. And it was still quite windy.
It's not a mesmerizing footage but you can slow it down, even in VLC, and get an idea. There's a dude in the park and an overview of the area. North of Jing'An district, Shanghai, China, by the Suzhou river.

Once again, as far as i'm concerned. So far so good. Even tough i cut a tiny branch of a tree by misjudging distance. Didn't crash, just pulled back right on time, still not fast enough to avoid cutting a branch. Props are fine, on dent or anything. Impressed I am.

Bless !

thankyou for doing this i was actually surprised by the quality and i find it highly comparable to my gopro and the slow motion came out silky smooth :D and i think Dji should hire you for a salesperson because you just managed to get me to order one :lol:

Mcyz250 said:
thankyou for doing this i was actually surprised by the quality and i find it highly comparable to my gopro and the slow motion came out silky smooth :D and i think Dji should hire you for a salesperson because you just managed to get me to order one :lol:

No problem ! :)

As I told you, i was also interested in trying this setting so might as well share it too. :)
It is really comparable to the older GoPro. I only have a gopro2 and the camera on the p2v+ is definitely same quality. Entry level gopro3 are about the same too, just more recording format. Since i don't have the gopro3 BE+++ and didn't really want into the modding part, I really appreciate the all-included offer that Dji provides us with.

Hope you'll have fun with it and not blame me in case of troublesome experiences with it haha. I do NOT work for Dji. But i'm most certainly enjoying my first experience with their product so far.

Glad I could help,

Bless !

I have all gopros to date ( unless they have released another one since the 3+ without me noticing haha ) but yes the vision + just has so many things already on it that would just cost so much separately that it isn't worth buying a phantom with gimbal and mounting a gopro on it in my opinion

Any way thanks again for helping me out, there seems to be a lack of footage on the internet in 720p @ 60 fps

Didjelirium said:

Bless !

Thanks for the 60fps footage. I noticed it is noticeably smoother than my 1080/30 videos, especially during the hackysack footage. I think I am going to start recording more 60fps!
I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but has anyone who has access to 2 Phantoms done a side-by-side realtime comparison between the two fps modes?

plasmo said:
Thanks for the 60fps footage. I noticed it is noticeably smoother than my 1080/30 videos, especially during the hackysack footage. I think I am going to start recording more 60fps!
I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but has anyone who has access to 2 Phantoms done a side-by-side realtime comparison between the two fps modes?

That would be interesting indeed to get the comparison side by side. I did notice as well that the 720p/60 fps is smoother than 1080p/30fps, which is normal since twice more frames. Even the panning over all the buildings has less random artifact or sort of jello effect when you rotate. Something that even on dslr like mk3 still happen when you move the camera to fast around.

I know there are 4k videos possibility at the moment, but honestly, unless you're being paid big money by big companies who do need to project something on a big cinema size screen, most people won't care, being happy and comfortable with HD or full HD format. I was watching some old documentaries still in 4:3 and it's weird at first after being so used to HD format.
I'm sure It will be the same at some point in the future when we're all plugged with 2k/4k displays. Yet, for now, the HD format is good enough, even for professional use. I did some full HD video for big companies and they asked me for a 720p version afterward cos their shitty pc couldn't handle it during the exhibition/show/conference... So you imagine 4k...

Didjelirium said:
plasmo said:

That would be interesting indeed to get the comparison side by side. I did notice as well that the 720p/60 fps is smoother than 1080p/30fps, which is normal since twice more frames. Even the panning over all the buildings has less random artifact or sort of jello effect when you rotate. Something that even on dslr like mk3 still happen when you move the camera to fast around.

I know there are 4k videos possibility at the moment, but honestly, unless you're being paid big money by big companies who do need to project something on a big cinema size screen, most people won't care, being happy and comfortable with HD or full HD format. I was watching some old documentaries still in 4:3 and it's weird at first after being so used to HD format.
I'm sure It will be the same at some point in the future when we're all plugged with 2k/4k displays. Yet, for now, the HD format is good enough, even for professional use. I did some full HD video for big companies and they asked me for a 720p version afterward cos their shitty pc couldn't handle it during the exhibition/show/conference... So you imagine 4k...

Personally I agree and think the 4k cameras have come too soon. Sure you have amazing quality for yourself to enjoy but unless you have a 4k monitor and a 4k tv you won't see the benefit. But the upside is as 4k gets cheaper all the full HD cameras also get cheaper so I guess it's a good thing haha

Didjelirium said:

Bless !
**** that looks good! I think i will record in 1080i 60fps.
Wish that i could record in 1440p though. Too bad.

[vimeo]92923361[/vimeo]

The whole thing was shot at 720 /60fps - gives great flexibility for slomo and also slowing down harsh movements - see the middle part of the video at the top of the rock.

Ed

holy crap.

I didn't realize the quality was that good at 720p!
I almost want to sell my brand new FC40 and get that instead lol
Maybe the cheap gimbal i'm ordering now will keep my craving down

eddale said:
[vimeo]92923361[/vimeo]

The whole thing was shot at 720 /60fps - gives great flexibility for slomo and also slowing down harsh movements - see the middle part of the video at the top of the rock.

Ed
Wow, i always look at Hanging Rock when we drive past to see my wifes cousin in Fern Hill. I always wanted to fly it.
Thanks for sharing.

When I just tested it out in 720p @ 60fps, I noticed when turning or moving the camera in any way, it looks very choppy. It's like the drone is stuttering in extremely small increments as it's moving forward. I jumped around in front of the camera and my motions were very smooth. I was just reviewing the clip on Quicktime on my Mac right after I shot it. Does the clip need to be edited or rendered into a final movie file before it looks smooth? 1080p @ 25fps looked much smoother than my 720p @ 60fps in terms of panning and flying around shots.

Also, what's the Hz setting for again? I put in on 60Hz instead of Auto but I don't know what it's actually doing.

YeeaaBoii said:
When I just tested it out in 720p @ 60fps, I noticed when turning or moving the camera in any way, it looks very choppy. It's like the drone is stuttering in extremely small increments as it's moving forward. I jumped around in front of the camera and my motions were very smooth. I was just reviewing the clip on Quicktime on my Mac right after I shot it. Does the clip need to be edited or rendered into a final movie file before it looks smooth? 1080p @ 25fps looked much smoother than my 720p @ 60fps in terms of panning and flying around shots.

Also, what's the Hz setting for again? I put in on 60Hz instead of Auto but I don't know what it's actually doing.

are you using a class 10 card?
If so, which brand?

dragonash said:
YeeaaBoii said:

are you using a class 10 card?
If so, which brand?

I'm using the 4GB SD card that came with the Phantom, if that's what you're referring to.

A faster card (class 10) would be better when shooting 60fps. I don't think the "jerkiness" of the footage has anything to do with the footage itself, but more the card if your playing it off the card or even the computer you play back on. Very impressed with the video from the +! I jumped in about 4 months too early and have the original vision. Still love to fly it but a +, or P3V, or ++ is in my future.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl