Vision 2+ wifi units fix and why they are dying.

Next time hold a hair dryer on the area to soften the tape. Just dont get crazy with the temps and melt your wire insulation.

I would try a Hot Glue gun on this. It's probably ABS, and epoxies and glues do not adhere well to ABS.
In addition, A hot glue joint is nearly instantaneous.

bmasar said:
So I snapped the black plastic piece that mounts the wifi module to the quad. That double adhesive tape was ridiculously strong. Now I don't have anything to screw into and secure.

photo.jpg

Can I use standard double sided adhesive to attach it or do I need something specially rated?

Some of the repair guys should have some bad units they could part out as a source for the broken mount. Talk nice and maybe they'll send you one... ;)

JB Weld. That stuff holds better than the material it is applied to. If you don't know about it, forget about the word weld, no heat. Just two parts resin and hardner mixed together. Very, very strong stuff.

Hey guys... question... I bought a Vision + about 2 weeks ago V 3.... Stock I would get about 1200 feet distance... Then I bought Fpvlr stage 2, this got me to 3500 feet distance.

Tony, tested the Bird's wifi ouput and said that it was putting out half of what it should be..... Do you guys think this a case of a bad wifi unit in the bird?

I had Tony install Stage 4 everything today and will test my range out tomorrow morning when the wind dies down. What Tony says makes sense, because I should be getting double what I am with what I have read online.

Should I just order a new WIFI unit and replace the one that came with it?

Parrottvision said:
Hey guys... question... I bought a Vision + about 2 weeks ago V 3.... Stock I would get about 1200 feet distance... Then I bought Fpvlr stage 2, this got me to 3500 feet distance.

Tony, tested the Bird's wifi ouput and said that it was putting out half of what it should be..... Do you guys think this a case of a bad wifi unit in the bird?

I had Tony install Stage 4 everything today and will test my range out tomorrow morning when the wind dies down. What Tony says makes sense, because I should be getting double what I am with what I have read online.

Should I just order a new WIFI unit and replace the one that came with it?

Yep once its gone its not going to come back. Tony would have the Spectrum Analyzer to check the Decibels being emitted, he wants you to have the best range you can. Its in his best interest to see your bird flying high and far, I would value his suggestions. ;)

Thanks for the response... I do value his opinion.. It does not hurt to learn more.

Frustrating that I have to buy something that should already be working.

Parrottvision said:
Thanks for the response... I do value his opinion.. It does not hurt to learn more.

Well you found this thread so now you can show others the problem and save them the grief.

Reactions: TorqueRoller
Parrottvision said:

burlbark said:
Parrottvision said:

You had purchased a Vision+ V3 about 2 weeks ago, and found you were only able to get about 1200 feet distance from this new quad, a Phantom Vision + V3. Did you not even consider contacting the dealer for a possible exchange ?
Taking for granted you had selected to transmit in FCC mode, the model is advertised to exceed 2000 ft., as many have far exceeded that distance out of the box.
If you were only able to get out 1200 ft. that in itself should have prompted a red flag indicated something in the model had been compromised, and by that very nature be eligible for replacement, or repair.

I realize this is now water under the bridge, and wish you all the best obtaining a replacement module you will probably need to purchase at this point. The V-3 version should have already had the newer (vented ) Wi-Fi Tx module incorporated in it to help with heat displacement. Possibly, a faulty unit right from the factory.
Well, in any regard good luck, hopefully it will all work out for you in the end.

Hey Guys, I took my phantom back to the dealer and am having them replace the wi fi module.

They wouldnt do it for free on warrantee cause I had modded it already.... Oh well.

They are just going to put another factory one in.. hopfully this one works....

By the way... With Stage 4 everything FPVLR I was able to get it to go about 5000 Feet.... before losing FPV This is with a Wifi module that was only putting out half of the signal it should have

Great thread. Shouldn't be lost to history so I'm making a useless post to bump it back up top. :)

mine failed today. I was contemplating on doing this mod.
If I let it cool a little, it will come back on.
Does anyone know where I can get the new version 3.0 and if it is a direct fit?
Thanks

I can confirm that the new wifi module physically fits in exactly as the old one (without ventilation perforations). I did not disassemble it and cannot verify how well the thermal paste is applied this version.

i however am unable to verify it is working. It lights up and i can detect it's wifi signal on an analyzer app, but i am getting failures trying to get the dji vision app to work. it goes through the binding process and captures the new QR coded mac address, but then says the repeater binding process has failed and there is no phantom connection in the camera viewing area of the app. any help?

did my mates tonight and had same prob but after a complete restart it works fine.
shut the lot off, closed the app and then restarted everything

rob

Just to document, lost my fpv months ago after leaving the craft in the hot car for a few hours. Purchased the wifi unit from DDM in December, quick and easy install, All is back to normal. So much better to have video when flying.

One question, heard the new units were perrated, did I just get old stock?

Fly Bry said:
Just to document, lost my fpv months ago after leaving the craft in the hot car for a few hours. Purchased the wifi unit from DDM in December, quick and easy install, All is back to normal. So much better to have video when flying.

I was in the same boat (car) as you. Now you have reassured me on why my WIFI module died.
I left my unit in a hot car. Damaged the wifi module and puffed up a battery. Costly mistake.

I knew of the perforated v3 modules at that time but couldn't get a hold of them. I asked around for a replacement and all the suppliers said they had not heard of this.
I ended up getting a second hand unit and did the Artic silver mod.

***SO PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PHANTOMS IN HOT CARS!!!!****

Fly Bry said:

You got old stock

so if the latest version has holes in whats the purpose of the copper tape around the 2 halves ?
i dont see the point

(sorry mods i know its a double post but its relevant)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj