Vision 2 + Troubleshooting

Reaction score
Had a water crash with my new used p2 vision +, after removing the top cover, blowing it out, using a blow dryer on low for about one hour and sitting the unit over a heat duct for a couple of days I put in my spare battery. Original battery was toast. When I press the power button I get the four green lights, when pressed second time get the sequence 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th light then nothing. I replaced the main circuit board and have the same symptom, would the next logical step be the Main Controller Naza?

Sorry if this has be addressed, didn't find similar on search.

I don't seem to find many "Trouble Shooting" techniques or help and I hope someone here can help me out.

Regards,
Bill

Hey Bill,
What water did you hit? Fresh or salt?

( if saltwater , I would recommend a complete rebuild , as saltwater corrodes the circuitry anodes, and cathodes,especially on the capacitors! ( the legs of the components ) I had bought a saltwater crashed phantom once, I basically only salvaged a shell, all motors and circuitry was toast!

Now freshwater damage,
You have a fighting chance, I'd go at it like this:
1) is your battery good and does it turn on ( outside the craft ) if yes, go to next step,
2) when you turn battery on ( click/click hold ) 1/2/3/4 green lights ( red light on button as well ) does it actually turn on for a second then turn off? Or do you just get 1/2/3/4 then nothing? ( need to figure that out )
3) check CLEAN battery terminals, AND com cable terminals ( the 2 little pins, and make sure they are still SPRING LOADED, and not limp )
4) if still no, then id move onto power tests ( use a multi mete to test for power at all connections ) unplug everything, start with battery terminal connection, make sure you have 11.1vdc Armani board, most of the other connections should be 5vdc, then plug stuff in one at a time, then test that part, ect, just a matter of tracking the problem down!
Delete all possibilities. Might be a battery terminal short, or toasted naza? I would exhaust all other possibilities before forking out the squid for a new naza. ( especially if you have older firmware and want to keep it ) lol,
Just start going through it, something might have bumped loose in the crash?

Let us know?
J Dot

Reactions: Ruidoso Bill
Hey Bill,

( if saltwater , I would recommend a complete rebuild , as saltwater corrodes the circuitry anodes, and cathodes,especially on the capacitors! ( the legs of the components ) I had bought a saltwater crashed phantom once, I basically only salvaged a shell, all motors and circuitry was toast!

Now freshwater damage,
1) is your battery good and does it turn on ( outside the craft ) if yes, go to next step,
2) when you turn battery on ( click/click hold ) 1/2/3/4 green lights ( red light on button as well ) does it actually turn on for a second then turn off? Or do you just get 1/2/3/4 then nothing? ( need to figure that out )
3) check CLEAN battery terminals, AND com cable terminals ( the 2 little pins, and make sure they are still SPRING LOADED, and not limp )
4) if still no, then id move onto power tests ( use a multi mete to test for power at all connections ) unplug everything, start with battery terminal connection, make sure you have 11.1vdc Armani board, most of the other connections should be 5vdc, then plug stuff in one at a time, then test that part, ect, just a matter of tracking the problem down!
Delete all possibilities. Might be a battery terminal short, or toasted naza? I would exhaust all other possibilities before forking out the squid for a new naza. ( especially if you have older firmware and want to keep it ) lol,

Let us know?
J Dot[/QUO

It was fresh water,
Hey Bill,

Now freshwater damage,

Let us know?
J Dot

Thanks so much for the quick response, it was fresh water, mountain stream. The backup battery lights up all four lights when I press the power switch, the battery that was in it is toast. I replaced the circuit board thinking something shorted and knocked it out. It is 1234 and nothing, if I hold the button in I hear a click and under craft lights blink for a short moment then off. Hope that helps and thank you for helping me.

Yeah, you'll have to start testing connections, try unplugging one esc at a time, unplug 1 try to startup, if still no, plug it back in, unplug another, ect could be any number of things when you replaced the board, are you sure you soldered everything correctly? Pos to Pos, neg to neg?
Also did you plug all connections correctly? ( right plugs In the right places?

Scrutinize every connection ( push on them ( check closely that a lead did not back out of a connector, and that the connector is FULLY INSERTED, also for broken or failed solder joints , broken or damaged wiring, start at battery, and work out from there, if your hearing something inside of bird, you must be getting power to main board, could be bad esc, or esc's, burnt motor/s, shorted naza. Just start unhooking things until battery turns on, things like that, you'll find the issue eventually, could be simple, or might not? You'll just have to start digging in. Really not a lot To go wrong
1) main board ( you replaced )
2) receiver ( would not cause a failed startup ) but could still be bad?
3) esc/s ( possible )
4) motors ( possible )
5) naza flight controller
Rest is only wiring and connectors.
( compass or GPS you'd get an error, but would not cause failed power up )
Id just go through it, double checking everything.

Let us know
J Dot

I did unplug the esc's, one at a time, even with all out still no start. I found a pic on the net that showed the the connections to the main controller naza and believe it is hooked up correctly, I will check the com cable pins did not realize they were spring loaded. Do you know where I can double check or can you send me a link or pic for the main controller connections? It does not behave any different from when I took it apart. Will it or should it turn on with a esc/motor data cable disconnected? I have had them all disconneted still no start.

I just checked the battery com pins, the spring loading is operational, I used a small abrasive board and cleaned the pins up and still no start. Just double checked and if I hold the power button in on the second push I hear a click and the under craft lights blink momentarily, then nothing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20