Vision 2 is One Robust Machine

Reaction score
Well I am a newbie to the flight of the drone world and am extremely happy that I bought a used machine for a good price! Very happy with my vision 2 even though of course I don't have the stabilization of the 2 plus. However it is making me a smooth flyer!

However I have had three incidents of the " death wobble" and subsequent vertical high speed decent. The last one hit a fence and dislodged the camera completely. Through all these disasters the machine is still functioning with no apparent effects to performance.

I have learned my lesson with the dreaded VRS effect and now apply a very minimal descent stick! I am however most impressed with "take a lickin and keep on ticking"!

My only real beef is the abysmal battery problems many experience and I do also. My batteries although used very little ( maybe 16 discharges), were not properly used by previous owner and were hopeless for my first flights. I have however managed to nurse one back to some life and am getting about a 20 minute flight. Really bad design and Dji seems little concerned and claim there are just bad batteries, kind of a crap shoot. If I buy a new 3 from the store in Vancouver I will insist the battery be considered part of the year warranty or they ain't getting my money.

All in all very excited with having an amazing camera platform and have already recorded some awesome vids here in these beautiful mountains.

Cheers, Tom, Pemberton, B.C.

Welcome to the forum Thomas :)
Yes they are tough and have bounced mine ,hit tree tops and fell and have had very little damage . Then again I have only dropped it a few feet and tore stuff up. Have knocked the camera off twice and just put it back together and all was fine It won't do so well from a dead drop from 250' though ! Don't ask :(
I have never had any VRS problems in the time I have had the 3 I have been through . I come down fast but all ways moving one way or the other . I don't just come straight down . Try that and see if it don't solve that for you .
Lots of knowledge here and use the search in my signature if ya looking for something you don't see .Or ask but always good to search first .
Enjoy and fly safe :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic