Vision 2 Camera and gimble on FC40

Reaction score
I just got access to a vision 2 camera and gimble with wiring harness. Is there anyway to install this on my FC40? Camera and gimble are used but in working order. I searched around the boards and could n ot find the answer. If I missed it please let me know. Thanks for the help!!

In theory, you could do it with swapping out the mainboard for the P2's and getting a bracket adapter for the gimbal. In practice, I don't know.

Hi jcflood. In answer to your question yes. Shouldn't need to swap out the mainboard unless you want the telemetary of the camera. As for installation check out this thread on just this. It will explain how to wire up the camera for both power and gimbal tilt control. Note you may need to break out the soldering iron and will 100% need to go inside the phantom body ;)

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19069

Or you could save yourself the hassle, sell the P2 kit to a P2 owner who has damaged theirs (there has got to be a few out there....) and invest in a used GoPro 3/3+ and a decent gimbal.
Only my opinion (as someone who doesn't want to do more than a little soldering...) :ugeek:

CaymanPete
FC40/GoPro3B on a Generic Gimbal
IOSD Mini/PMU:Boscam 2.4 tx/rx:7" monitor (under construction) :roll:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20