Vision 2 + Assistant software v3.2 help

Reaction score
Help please... I just received my new vision 2 + today. I charged up all the batteries and put the batteries in the transmitter. I downloaded the Phantom 2 Assistant Software v3.2. When I plug the Phantom into the computer and turn it on, then open the software, the blue and red lights in the lower left corner of the software screen do NOTHING! The Phantom does not connect. Same when I plug the transmitter into the computer. The software does not connect with the transmitter either! What am I doing wrong or what am I missing??

I agree with above but two other comments to add.

First make sure you are plugging into Phantom under white rubber plug and not camera connector.

The controller takes different software (RC assistant) but there are no recent updates out now so don't bother.

OK! THANK YOU! Downloaded the drivers and Phantom is now communicating with the software. Another question... The software keeps telling me to upgrade the Main Controller Firmware to Latest Version: 3.06 when in fact I did, and the Upgrade column says 3.06. Do I have to do this upgrade several times?

Just look at the revisions and make sure your numbers are current.

The software is stupidly designed and not that smart.

In my opinion its a bad system :)

All of the numbers are current in the upgrade column and match with the numbers in the firmware column... However, when I click on any of the tabs (View, Basic, etc.) a message (in red) appears on the bottom of the window that says "Main Controller firmware mis-match, please upgrade your firmware". How many times do I have to do this before the program lets me open another tab????

The first thing I would do is to power down everything including the PC then disconnect the USB cable, wait 30 or so seconds, reconnect the cable then power everything up again then try the Assistant software.

Just a little reminder, the USB cable carries 12v so be careful when connecting devices.

You don't have to redo the upgrade more then once. So ignore the message. After upgrading though, you have to power cycle your system before the upgrade is completed and will be recognised by the system itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav