Vinyl skin wrap for Phantom 4. Heat issue?

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a vinyl wrap for my P4 and was wondering if anyone else put one on theirs? Also I'm worried about heat from the drone not being released as much with the vinyl wrap on. Maybe it's worrying too much idk. What do you guys think?

A lot of people have vinyl wraps on their Phantoms. Since the heat escapes through the vents in the shell, adding a wrap should not cause any issues.

Not sure, but reading the posts on this forum DJI are very diligent when it comes to warranty work and claims,a bit like insurance companies they lend you an Umbrella until it rains!

A lot of people have vinyl wraps on their Phantoms. Since the heat escapes through the vents in the shell, adding a wrap should not cause any issues.

Would it affect my warranty in any way? I just purchased the $299 1 year care plan from dji

Would it affect my warranty in any way?
DJI would have the final say. However, I've never seen anyone complain that a vinyl wrap caused a warranty issue.

Now I'm wondering if buying and adding a Trackimo would void my warranty?!

Now I'm wondering if buying and adding a Trackimo would void my warranty?!
I've never heard of anyone reporting this as a cause of a warranty issue either.

I use a skin. I flew in 90 degree + all summer (NV and NM) without any issue. 3 batteries most of the time. Wrap is coming loose in a few places but that could be me putting it in the case without proper care. Just using the skin until I get the nerve and $ to get a hydro dip.

2603f897d07b69818b6e96487ed9621a_thumb.jpg

Reactions: cybertech
Wow didn't consider that. You really think putting a vinyl wrap around the drone would void the warranty?

It may void it but in the unfortunate case of an accident or if you need to submit a claim, vinyl can easily be removed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I use a skin. I flew in 90 degree + all summer (NV and NM) without any issue. 3 batteries most of the time. Wrap is coming loose in a few places but that could be me putting it in the case without proper care. Just using the skin until I get the nerve and $ to get a hydro dip.

2603f897d07b69818b6e96487ed9621a_thumb.jpg

Looks nice!

Reactions: cybertech
I'm thinking about buying a vinyl wrap for my P4 and was wondering if anyone else put one on theirs? Also I'm worried about heat from the drone not being released as much with the vinyl wrap on. Maybe it's worrying too much idk. What do you guys think?

You might want to visit www.gatorwraps.com, you can request for a quote plus they have a lot of vinyl wraps with lots of colors to choose from.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20