VideoTX Power meter stats and antenna efficiency

Reaction score
I wanted a new thread but please see this important thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8406

You must first know that I am an ADDICT. I own most every piece of video TX and RX hardware in this thread for my P2, P2V, RVJet, APM:plane, and other FPV planes including a full Immersion RC ExOSD and ExUHF config. I use the EzUHF (or plan to) on all my long range planes.

I just decided to try out my ImmersionRC Power Meter. Just the TX facts here. I will play around with all my 5.8 and 1.2/1.3 antenna and patch antenna and tracker combos ASAP.

5.8 power output per ImmersionRC Power Meter:

ImmersionRC 600mW AVERAGE output 120mW. I also have one I pulsed somehow that outputs .01mW
FatShark 250mW AVG output is 422mW. THIS should answer all of your discussion of the Fatshark 250 seeming to be better than the ImmersionRC. IT IS MORE POWEFULL! I have no horse in this race. I had to buy a second 600mW Immersion b/c somehow I fried mine with 12v one connection.

Here is the surprising data also at 5.8ghz:

My P2 standard AVL58 setup AVERAGED 964mW transit power. This is why I have now proven that my initial P2 TX was the right choice and other have never quite compared.

My APM:plane 5.8 video solution is averaging only 67mW, so I will have to look to replace this setup before I try to go long here.

I really like this ImmersionRC Power Meter so I will soon post antenna results for my slew of 5.8 and 1.2/1.3 antennas. By the way my Hobbywireless.com FPV1380 transmitters at 800mW now attached to an Oracle diversity both averaged between 770 and 778 mW and I have been impressed with the range on these--now the numbers tell me why.

I have a v3 Immersion Duo 5.8 that I am playing with for a ground station and have been using the BlackPearl FlySight diversity from DroneFly monitor with great luck for a couple months. Also will give stats with my ATTITUDE PREMIUM BUNDLE- FATSHARK V2 VIDEO GLASSES + CAMERA+TRIN and any relevant info from my 8" and 10" FPV monitors from HobbyWireless and AtlantaHobby

Antenna tests coming soon:

1.3:
1.2 & 1.3 GHz BlueBeam Antenna Whip Set Tuned for 1.280Mhz - RHC with low pass Filter for 1.2 GHz - 1.3 GHz Transmitters (Protects 2.4)
Gattling from ReadyMadeRC
1.3ghz 8bi patch from RangeVideo

5.8ghz:
Helical Axial Mode 5.8 GHz RHCP Antenna
RMRC CrossHair 5.8
5.8Ghz Blue Beam Ultra Antenna Set RHCP - SMA Male
Fastsark 13dbi Patch
AVL58 cloverleafs
10dBis crosshair truerc from ReadymadeRC
ImmersionRC 5.8 polarized spironet v2

More details ASAP, but PLEASE NOTE the power output info in mW listed above for these 5.8 (and 1.2/1.3 TXs) as they tell a story many of you have been asking for!

Regards,
TXHillCountryPhantom

Interesting. I've heard before that the IRC 600mw outputs about 500-550mw. The Boscam TS832, which I have, is a 600mw tx but it's been measured to output maybe 375-400mw avg. I have a sheet somewhere that shows the dB measured for all 32 channels.

Thanks for sharing, I think it really demonstrates that good or bad, you can't always rely on the label!

Very interesting. I look forward to the comparison of antennas. I currently have eBay generic cloverleaf antennas and wondering if there really is a worthwhile difference in using IBCrazy versions.

Curious to know how you are doing the testing. I can't help but think there is something atypical about the ImmersionRC 600mW TX. Not only are your results surprising but it also doesn't work well with a number of receivers despite being on the same frequencies. No one seems to know why.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl