Videos only viewable on QuickTime Viewer

Reaction score
I have a P3 Professional. Succinctly, the problem is this: I record video and move a copy from the microSD care to the computer. I can only view the video on QuickTime Viewer. Neither the Windows Media Player nor the Movie Maker application will recognize them as a video and play them or let me edit. I'm on a good computer running Win 7 Pro.

Process is this:
1. Start the Remote Controloler, then the DJI Pilot app. Go through all warmup, etc.
2. Touch the button to start video recording.
3. Take my flight and land.
4. Touch the button to STOP recording video, waiting for the button to change in the app, indicating recording has actually stopped.
5. Power down the aircraft.
6. Close the Pilot app, power down the Controller.
7. Take the microSD card, via and adapter, to a USB port on the computer.
8. Copy the video to the computer's hard drive.
9. Try to view the video - only works in QuickTime Viewer.

So I KNOW there is video there. What is going on? What am I leaving out?

Thanks for any help!

Bill

Windows I believe does not play MOV by default while Quicktime does. Use VLC and be happy as it plays everything.

Reactions: Lyle Hardin
I have recorded on both MOV and MP4 formats. QuickTime does let me watch both formats. Windows Movie Maker and Windows Media Player both say they will handle both formats. They currently will let me view neither format. I really need editing, but if an editor won't see my file, I can't edit with it.

Thanks for responding!

Bill

I have a P3 Professional. Succinctly, the problem is this: I record video and move a copy from the microSD care to the computer. I can only view the video on QuickTime Viewer. Neither the Windows Media Player nor the Movie Maker application will recognize them as a video and play them or let me edit. I'm on a good computer running Win 7 Pro.

Process is this:
1. Start the Remote Controloler, then the DJI Pilot app. Go through all warmup, etc.
2. Touch the button to start video recording.
3. Take my flight and land.
4. Touch the button to STOP recording video, waiting for the button to change in the app, indicating recording has actually stopped.
5. Power down the aircraft.
6. Close the Pilot app, power down the Controller.
7. Take the microSD card, via and adapter, to a USB port on the computer.
8. Copy the video to the computer's hard drive.
9. Try to view the video - only works in QuickTime Viewer.

So I KNOW there is video there. What is going on? What am I leaving out?

Thanks for any help!

Bill
I am using w8 quick time player, vlc and windows media player, only issue is 4k not viewable.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4