Videos being posted showing quad flying over crowds-

Those crafts (cars, f.s. aircraft) are required to meet state and federal regulations, require licensed operators, and carry various types of insurance.

Once the same is required for drones then I think you may have an arguement.

Stop and listen to yourself for a minute.....

Do full size planes and helicopters fly over your house or crowded places? Right. Do I have a say if they fly over my house, no I don't. Do a quick search for planes hitting houses and I can bet you will find more in the past year that killed people or multiple people then any drone accidents since they have been flying.

Now let's stop all the Bull$hit! Cars are more deadly then drones will ever be and I'm sure most of you have walked on a sidewalk next to speeding cars on more then one occasion and had not thought "They shouldn't drive these near people".

Rant over! I'm going outside to fly!
Go outside and fly-- hope you don't crash and kill somebody. Its not airplanes vs drones -- its just good common sense--

Those crafts (cars, f.s. aircraft) are required to meet state and federal regulations, require licensed operators, and carry various types of insurance.

Once the same is required for drones then I think you may have an arguement.

But your missing the point....no matter what regulations or licenses are required, they are still way more dangerous then my Phantom. And, insurance doesn't prevent damages or death.

Reactions: Options
Stop and listen to yourself for a minute.....

Do full size planes and helicopters fly over your house or crowded places? Right. Do I have a say if they fly over my house, no I don't. Do a quick search for planes hitting houses and I can bet you will find more in the past year that killed people or multiple people then any drone accidents since they have been flying.

Now let's stop all the Bull$hit! Cars are more deadly then drones will ever be and I'm sure most of you have walked on a sidewalk next to speeding cars on more then one occasion and had not thought "They shouldn't drive these near people".

Rant over! I'm going outside to fly!

I think it's you that needs to stop and listen to yourself. More ridiculous comparisons...

So because planes and cars are dangerous, drones can be too? Planes have faaaar more redundancies and safety features and a licensed, well trained pilot at the helm.

Quads aren't cars or planes and don't serve anywhere near the same purpose in terms of allowing people to travel.

Bah little point continuing. They'll bring in laws to stop the selfish idiots that have no sense of social responsibility and feel they can fly their drone however they want. It's inevitable

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I think it's you that needs to stop and listen to yourself. More ridiculous comparisons...

So because planes and cars are dangerous, drones can be too? Planes have faaaar more redundancies and safety features and a licensed, well trained pilot at the helm.

Quads aren't cars or planes and don't serve anywhere near the same purpose in terms of allowing people to travel.

Bah little point continuing. They'll bring in laws to stop the selfish idiots that have no sense of social responsibility and feel they can fly their drone however they want. It's inevitable
And there is no way a licensed, trained pilot or driver would ever decide to maliciously crash a plane or car or commit any crime with it.

People keep arguing that quads are different than real aircraft or cars. The thing is, they all have a human behind them, and go and have faults. A commercial plane pilot can suffer from depression and kill hundreds of people if he crashes with intent: http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/26/europe/france-germanwings-plane-crash-main/ Just because someone is trained and licensed does NOT mean they are responsible, or, (in that case) mentally fit to fly.

This guy was a driving instructor: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...after-killing-wife-in-deliberate-m1-car-crash

**** can happen with everything. But only a fool thinks a plane or car with multiple redundancies can overcome dangerous or irresponsible human operation. This guy was just walking down the street minding his own business and a helicopter crashes on top of him and kills him. Worst luck ever. I'm sure he didn't consent to the helicopter "flying" over him. http://m.thestar.com/#/article/news...ing_helicopter_killed_student_from_kenya.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Youngbill
And there is no way a licensed, trained pilot or driver would ever decide to maliciously crash a plane or car or commit any crime with it.

I don't know what you're on about man. I'm talking about quads. Not interested in straw man arguments regarding totally different objects that serve a totally different purpose.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
The same kind of laws that prevent so many shootings in the U.S.?

I don't know what you're on about man. I'm talking about quads. Not interested in straw man arguments regarding totally different objects that serve a totally different purpose.
You brought up the fact of redundancies in planes and cars and their well trained and licensed operators. So how are quads more dangerous than those?

Reactions: Youngbill
Canada notwithstanding, the US is a very litigious place.

I wish folks would not endanger others as a hobby even if they don't think they are.
But that's just me.

I will not be able to overcome the notion of some that a low-tier Chinese remote control toy, flown thousands of feet away, out of sight, by some, does not pose a danger to non-participants. It is a blessing of experience I guess.

Having recreated with r/c a/c for decades I have seen all types of failures.
No, I haven't 'seen them all' especially now with autopilots. But it happens.

And while I realize there is still risk for me even with my experience the poor soul(s) who end up being first to be involved with some 'incident' and be caught/convicted. That person will be financialy destroyed.

Fly safe.

All arguments aside, it's the perceived danger by the ignorant that will force change. All it will take is one instance of a drone crashing into a house, the LIPO catching fire and burning down that house, and you will see outrage and restrictions aplenty.

It simply doesn't matter what the facts are. Especially here in America. It's the money that can be made from sensationalism and sheer ignorance. So I do my part by doing my best to not overfly people or homes. It doesn't always work out that way, but I do make a serious attempt not to.

All arguments aside, it's the perceived danger by the ignorant that will force change. All it will take is one instance of a drone crashing into a house, the LIPO catching fire and burning down that house, and you will see outrage and restrictions aplenty.

It simply doesn't matter what the facts are. Especially here in America. It's the money that can be made from sensationalism and sheer ignorance. So I do my part by doing my best to not overfly people or homes. It doesn't always work out that way, but I do make a serious attempt not to.
Careful there, you are using logic and common sense again...:confused:

Seems every saint "pilot" on this site thinks all other "pilots" are idiots... don't fly over a person... don't fly over a house? don't fly over a boat? don't fly over a corn field? a road, a cat or dog... personal property... battery fire, death, destruction, fires and hell, sins committed....don't fly over a ???? all these supposedly 'expert pilots' who are so decent outstanding citizens that they would never fly within 100 feet of a person? what are they doing? flying in a wheat field? what happens if it crashes into a combine? What happens if a family parks their car on the road... a baby crawls out? Do they fly over a sheet of ice in the Antartic? Every "expert pilot" here breaks their own rules all the time.... and them telling others here not to break "rules", "guidelines", "laws", etc..... is a farce. I call BS. Saints they are not. Harsh? yes.... but if you can't even fly a quadcopter in your backyard because "common sense" says not to fly it in your neighborhood.... seriously??? My 2 cents.. not worth much.

Look, sport. OP asked a question, if you don't like the answers, don't read them, they were not addressed to you. You can fly upside down in a nunnery for all I care. Just don't attempt to stop those of us who want to offer our advice in response to questions.:p

Seems every saint "pilot" on this site thinks all other "pilots" are idiots... don't fly over a person... don't fly over a house? don't fly over a boat? don't fly over a corn field? a road, a cat or dog... personal property... battery fire, death, destruction, fires and hell, sins committed....don't fly over a ???? all these supposedly 'expert pilots' who are so decent outstanding citizens that they would never fly within 100 feet of a person? what are they doing? flying in a wheat field? what happens if it crashes into a combine? What happens if a family parks their car on the road... a baby crawls out? Do they fly over a sheet of ice in the Antartic? Every "expert pilot" here breaks their own rules all the time.... and them telling others here not to break "rules", "guidelines", "laws", etc..... is a farce. I call BS. Saints they are not. Harsh? yes.... but if you can't even fly a quadcopter in your backyard because "common sense" says not to fly it in your neighborhood.... seriously??? My 2 cents.. not worth much.

Let's not go overboard - as stated, the OP had a rant and it invited feedback.

"Pilots" is probably a very loose term. Any person that has 1 to 4 limbs, with any IQ willing to part with $1000 can purchase and fly one of these things, no questions asked.

Look, sport. OP asked a question, if you don't like the answers, don't read them, they were not addressed to you. You can fly upside down in a nunnery for all I care. Just don't attempt to stop those of us who want to offer our advice in response to questions.:p

Wait, are you saying their is a more protected or revered class of citizen in a nunnery? :)

I'm just glad to see that I'm not the only one chasing boats!

:mad:Point me in the direction of that nunnery, can't stand them......had 12 years of them growing up. I think I may still have scars on my knuckles for the yard sticks.

I just love reading the fear mongering. Like watching the news. I sure hope Pfizer or somebody comes out with a pill with 200 terrible possible side affects to help us get through this tough time and or fear of the imminent attack of the falling drone syndrome. Enjoy your weekend. I'm going to find my closest outdoor festival and fly over it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr