Videos being broken apart?

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've been flying my drone for a few weeks now and I've noticed on long continuous video (like for the full duration of flight [>15mins] ) the video will be broken into two separate video files on the SD. No lost video content, just two files to store the video. Anyone else experiencing and have a solution? It's not really a critical thing, just something that's very slightly annoying. Also, while we're on the topic, is there a way to take a picture while recording video (like you can do on your iPhone). Thank you for your help [emoji846]

-"I may be tall but I want to feel even taller!"

That's normal since the SD card is formatted in exFAT, which has a file size limit of 4GB. If your recording is bigger than that, it'll be recorded onto the 2nd file. No there is no way to take picture while recording video.

Maximum file size on a card formatted in FAT32 is 4 GB...this gives you roughly 9 mins of video, which is why your flights have 2 files. No problem, because as you say, you don't lose any video between the files.

You can't take a still shot while recording video, but you can can make a jpeg from a single frame in your editing software.

Edit: mandalay beat me to it while I was typing! (Altho cards are FAT32 not EXFAT)

Edit: mandalay beat me to it while I was typing! (Altho cards are FAT32 not EXFAT)
If you use SDXC cards (64GB and bigger), they are all exFAT. But if SDHC card (32GB and smaller) they use FAT32 file system.

Format the card in your computer to NTFS

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the help guys! Like I said, not a big issue but was just wondering why I had the issue. Thank you

-"I may be tall but I want to feel even taller!"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20