Videolink Quality questions Immersion + Blackpearl

Reaction score
Hi everone!

I'm a new Phantom 2 owner, just got my kit yesterday - pretty awesome! I've installed a ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mW Tx combined with a Black Pearl 7" LCD Screen FPV Diversity Rx 5.8GHz.

I might be a bit picky, but the video quality is quite poor imo. Its two issues, one is that the picture has some banding effect and the second is that some objects in the picture is kind of pixilated! It's not that its not usable or anything, I just wonder if this is how it suppose to be, or if there's anything ive done wrong/can do to improve the quality. The link says 576i I think, is that the highest res?

I tried like 6-10 different channels, all of them have more or less the same issue.

Here's a lil video trying to demonstrate it, its looks better in the video then in real :roll:

Thanks for any help!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELrRwdgoej4[/youtube]

Also, what exact frequency does that RC remote use? It's 5.8Ghz as well right, so can that be interfering?

Looks pretty normal to me (looks like mine).

The GoPro footage though should be much better. Think of it like an electronic viewfinder from a camera.

UrAwFuL said:
Looks pretty normal to me (looks like mine).

The GoPro footage though should be much better. Think of it like an electronic viewfinder from a camera.

Fair enough, I just thought to check as I never owned a FPV kit before :) Yeah the actual footage from the GP is great yes!

The display in your vid there looks "normal" to me as well, and the banding you're seeing is likely the same that many H3-3D owners experience as a result of the new USB connector DJI now uses on that gimbal.

The FPV transmitter you're using maxes out at 640x480 if I remember correctly (as do most), so that's as sharp as it'll ever be regardless of your monitor.

OI Photography said:
The display in your vid there looks "normal" to me as well, and the banding you're seeing is likely the same that many H3-3D owners experience as a result of the new USB connector DJI now uses on that gimbal.

The FPV transmitter you're using maxes out at 640x480 if I remember correctly (as do most), so that's as sharp as it'll ever be regardless of your monitor.

Ahh I see, thanks mate!

Tobbsie said:
Hi everone!

I'm a new Phantom 2 owner, just got my kit yesterday - pretty awesome! I've installed a ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mW Tx combined with a Black Pearl 7" LCD Screen FPV Diversity Rx 5.8GHz.

I might be a bit picky, but the video quality is quite poor imo. Its two issues, one is that the picture has some banding effect and the second is that some objects in the picture is kind of pixilated! It's not that its not usable or anything, I just wonder if this is how it suppose to be, or if there's anything ive done wrong/can do to improve the quality. The link says 576i I think, is that the highest res?

I tried like 6-10 different channels, all of them have more or less the same issue.

Here's a lil video trying to demonstrate it, its looks better in the video then in real :roll:

Thanks for any help!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELrRwdgoej4[/youtube]

Looks normal, remember its a Analogue Video signal not Digital so its going to have noise and artifact abit. My Immersion didn't look great in quality if your picky, but on digital lightbridge transmission unit black pearl is great quality. Difference in Digital and analogue

The controller is 2.4 GHZ so the 5.8 video downlink will not cause any interference.
Can't see the PB antennas but you might consider cloverleaf antennas on both the Immersion and the BP. Will make for a more consistent video downlink.

Tom

My Zenmuse H3-3D was causing rolling white bands in display image when I routed my video through it to the video transmitter. Some other users have experienced the same thing.

I now use a USB cable that sends the video/audio directly out of the gopro usb port to the input of transmitter.

There are a number of inexpensive premade cables for this. It's worth a try.

I have about the same setup and it's normal. FPV is really just to frame your video. I also notices that you have the same problem as I do with the right center telemetry data partially off the monitor. I don't know if there is a way to adjust the position of the telemetry data on the screen or not. Most of the telemetry data, I don't use anyway. How much did you pay for the monitor/receiver and the transmitter? I bought the Kumba premier combination package for around $500 from Amazon last spring.

Bluegrass said:
I have about the same setup and it's normal. FPV is really just to frame your video. I also notices that you have the same problem as I do with the right center telemetry data partially off the monitor. I don't know if there is a way to adjust the position of the telemetry data on the screen or not. Most of the telemetry data, I don't use anyway. How much did you pay for the monitor/receiver and the transmitter? I bought the Kumba premier combination package for around $500 from Amazon last spring.

If you're using the mini iOSD you can plug the iOSD unit into the computer with a mini USB cable (ensure the DJI iOSD software is installed) and you will have the option to shift the telemetry data more into the center of the screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav