Video Works on IPad - Does NOT work well on PC

Reaction score
(Newbee) I tried both MP3 & MOV formats. I get a perfectly smooth video in my IPad. But the same video on my PC comes as if skipping several frames - as if it was viewed under a strobe light.

I appreciate your help.

It's time to upgrade your PC.

+1. You could also try turning on hardware decoding in whatever you're using to view the videos to see if that helps at all. I recommend VLC, and hardware decoding can be found in the settings menu (assuming your computer isn't so old that the video card doesn't support VDPAU or VAAPI). Good luck.

You can always upload them to youtube and then do some simple editing on line. I have a crappy computer and it don't even play the mp4 format but I can upload to youtube just fine. Just a thought until a new computer comes available.

A quick follow up. My TV will play my gopro and so would my wife's computer, but it would not play the mp4 from the P3P. So, I changed to 1080p at 60fps and now the tv can view the mp4 and so can my wife's computer. So, it must be the codex with the 4k in the mp4 format. Later when I get a good computer, Mac or other, I'll then go back to 4k.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers