Video Wibble Wobble

Yes SD cards make a BIG difference. If they, for whatever reason, can't process right speeds correctly, you'll end up with a wobble in your vid.

Reactions: Dnallov
I changed the SD card, but still get a wobble. Also filmed with a higher frame rate, but again I'm still getting the wobble.

I've just about tried everything :mad:

Time to call DJI I think

So I’ve been out again (the plus side to all of this is that I'm getting a hell of a lot of flying hour in!), this time I downgraded the firmware to 1.5 (and calibrated compass, IMU & gimbel). Still got wobble; and it seems to be getting worse :(

Have you tried an ND filter?

I haven’t got a ND filter, but will get one on order and see if it makes any difference. I have kind of disregarded this as a possible solution, as the video is wobbly in all conditions (sun, cloudy, dusk, dawn etc), but at this stage I'm willing to try anything

I’ve laid out and sent an e-mail to DJI, so hope to hear what they think; but I will happly try any ideas that you guys still have. I’ve got two steps I want to complete now before I send her away;

1. Properly balance the props when I get the balancer (I currently only used the DIY method and am using my ‘best set’
2. Use an ND filter

Last edited:
Did you get the craft directly from DJI or a UK dealer? If a dealer I would let them know as well. If you get the wobble in lower light sunless conditions that does suggest more than an ND filter will sort out. As it is usually too high a shutter speed that shows up jello. I know on my P2 where I use a GoPro Hero 3 I have no control over either the ISO or shutter speed so find an ND filter essential for all but cloudy conditions. I know from personal experience how frustrating it is to eliminate these jello effects!

I would also check all your gimbal mounts that the rubber things are not torn, the 2 locking ones are fine and everything moves freely.

i still think its possibly blade imbalance

Did you get the craft directly from DJI or a UK dealer? If a dealer I would let them know as well. If you get the wobble in lower light sunless conditions that does suggest more than an ND filter will sort out. As it is usually too high a shutter speed that shows up jello. I know on my P2 where I use a GoPro Hero 3 I have no control over either the ISO or shutter speed so find an ND filter essential for all but cloudy conditions. I know from personal experience how frustrating it is to eliminate these jello effects!

I bought it from eBuyer, so will contact them as well tomorrow; I won't let on that I have contacted DJI in the slim chance that they will just replace it (slim chance as they don't sell the P3P anymore).

It is frustrating; but I understand that with such a hobby there’s a chance of problems. I just hope it will be resolved otherwise I’ll be devastated; £900 is a lot of money after all! Also I have the Flying Scotsman train coming past near where I live next month, and really hoped to catch some footage, but at this rate it looks like my drone will be on holiday in China :(!

I would also check all your gimbal mounts that the rubber things are not torn, the 2 locking ones are fine and everything moves freely.

i still think its possibly blade imbalance

The gimbal mounts and the rubber anti vibration look fine; there is no damage and everything moves freely. Blade Imbalance might be the answer, but I did do the DIY balance, and am using what I consider 4 balanced blades; I will know for sure mid next week once I get the balance tool i bought on eBay.

The last videos were not that bad.

I know; those where filmed while the drone was controlled by Litchi & for some reason when I use the Litchi waypoints and Orbit mode the wobble seems to disappear, or be greatly reduced. I think this is mainly due to the slow speed that the drone was flying at; I have since done waypoints at a faster speed, and do get the wobble. Confusingly though, if I manually fly the drone slow I still get a wobble.

If anything the wobble is getting worse (see video below)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrDroneUK
It's so sad to see an amazing drone suffer from this effect. I hope this is rare issue for the average populace of Phantom users?

I hope you get it fixed in the end :)

Thanks. I will keep everyone updated.

I don’t think this is a common issue; I’ve scoured these forums for a solution, and most jiggle problems can be solved by the user, whereas I think mine is a problem that can’t be solved without sending it in for repair.

I’m still happy with the drone; it is indeed an amazing machine. Let’s just hope that the DJI after service is just as good!

I watched a YouTube vid today of a guy quickly trying to get his Phantom 3P ready for flight. He did the move where he forgot to remove the gimbal protector after the Phantom was powered up. Realizing his error he quickly removed the gimbal protector (perhaps a bit harshly) then flew his Phantom... he then gets jello video which he never had before. There is something strange going on with the P3P for this to happen. Does some internal camera part suddenly become slightly lose? Or does the gimbal suddenly develop some extra play in it? Bottom line is that your problem is perhaps not that unique.

I watched a YouTube vid today of a guy quickly trying to get his Phantom 3P ready for flight. He did the move where he forgot to remove the gimbal protector after the Phantom was powered up. Realizing his error he quickly removed the gimbal protector (perhaps a bit harshly) then flew his Phantom... he then gets jello video which he never had before. There is something strange going on with the P3P for this to happen. Does some internal camera part suddenly become slightly lose? Or does the gimbal suddenly develop some extra play in it? Bottom line is that your problem is perhaps not that unique.

Can you post a link to the video please?

Hi guys

A quick update; I have some good news and some bad news in regards to my drone.....

The good news is that eBuyer refunded my drone in full. I showed them my video, and they agreed that the wibble wobble was a fault with the drone. It went back for repair, but they ware unable to fix the issue, so issued a full refund. Absolutely no quibbles, juts brilliant service from eBayer!

The bad news is that eBuyer don't stock the P3P anymore, so now I'm droneless :cry:!

Now I have a dilemma. It looks like the Phantom 4 is to be announced on March the 1st. So do I bide my time until the new Phantom is released (and risk discovering any early faults it may have...) or buy anouther P3P.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers