Video VERY laggy when played on mac?

Reaction score
Hey all! Just a quick question about video.

Ok, so I took a few videos with my P4 while flying around the backyard. The videos play smooth as silk on my cell phone (iPhone 7+) and even when I upload them to my private YouTube account. However, when I try to view them on the mac, just through QuickTime, they're unbearably laggy. Almost looks like their in buffer mode the whole time and makes them unwatchable. Now I changed my settings on the P4 to record in 4K because I was thinking maybe that was the issue. I forget which quality the video was set on before. Do you think the video quality might be the issue? Has anyone encountered this before? I'm sure it's an issue that's fixable, just not sure if it's a setting in the P4 I need to address, something on the laptop or what. Thanks all in advance! :)

Have you moved the video files from the phantom sd card to the mac hard drive?
if not do so.

if you have them on the mac hard drive and playback is stuttering and so forth.
that is the mac and video card not up to play back of the hd video recorded.

try 1080 p and see how that plays to see.

good luck and have fun flying!

Your iPhone7 can play 4K video, maybe your laptop does not have enough processing power and or good video card to do it. Try recording in lower video like 1080p and see if your laptop plays better. My old laptop (PC) can not play 4K, so I got a high end laptop that cost more than my P4 and the image is supperb.

Have you moved the video files from the phantom sd card to the mac hard drive?
if not do so.

if you have them on the mac hard drive and playback is stuttering and so forth.
that is the mac and video card not up to play back of the hd video recorded.

try 1080 p and see how that plays to see.

good luck and have fun flying!

Yes, the videos were moved directly from the sd card and put onto the Mac. I'll try all the different video settings and see if any are better than the other. Maybe it's QuickTime?

Your iPhone7 can play 4K video, maybe your laptop does not have enough processing power and or high end video card to do it. Try recording in lower video like 1080p and see if your laptop plays better. My old laptop (PC) can not play 4K, so I got a high end laptop that cost more than my P4 and the image is supperb.

I'll try and see what happens. I don't believe these videos were recorded in 4K though. I'll have to do some tests and see.

I was having the same issue with my Mac Book pro and it was fixed filming at 1080p 30fps. Not as crisp but works.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj