video upload

Reaction score
This question is for anyone who can answer it. Doesn't matter which drone you own, or how long you've been a member. How do you upload a video into the media section? I have asked several people, one of them a staff member, and haven't been able to do it yet. I have uploaded to FB and YT, then copied the url, plugged the url into this sites media page, and every time, I get an error box that says "uploaded video does not have accepted file extension" or something really close to that, but that's what it says essentially. If anyone can spread some light on this apparently difficult feat, gimme a shout will ya.
Thanks

It should work, just by clicking the Media icon and copying a URL. Or, for YT, try:

[ME DIA=youtube]LieIde 5ByqU[/ME DIA]

but remove the spaces

It should work, just by clicking the Media icon and copying a URL. Or, for YT, try:

[ME DIA=youtube]LieIde 5ByqU[/ME DIA]

but remove the spaces
Seems like it should work that way, but its not. If I go to YT, go to my video, right click on it, copy the url, come back here, go to media, click on add new media, click aerial video, click on copy url, and copy it, I get that message every time. I even tried copying url at time of recording, and embedded code. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

Have you tried clicking the Media button, in between the + and picture button?

Attachments

• ppilots-media.JPG
    ppilots-media.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 331
Nope, not yet. I will, but I think the outcome will be the same. I've been trying non stop since about 5.

I don't know if it'll post into the media section. I can post a video, just not put one on the media page.

Reactions: mdowney58
If anyone has any other ideas on how to get the video in post 6 into the media section, let me know. I have tried everything the guys have suggested, and nothing has worked. I fail to understand how I can put it in a post, but cant put it on the video page.

I'm having the same problem whether I copy from my YouTube link or trying to copy straight from my hard drive. I've tried videos in the ".MOV' and ".MP4" extensions...does not make a difference. I've also tried in the PAL and NTSC format...not change.

I wonder it's because I'm using Google Chrome?

I'm having the same problem whether I copy from my YouTube link or trying to copy straight from my hard drive. I've tried videos in the ".MOV' and ".MP4" extensions...does not make a difference. I've also tried in the PAL and NTSC format...not change.

Try this.... got to the media page, probably like you've been doing, click 'add media', and when the next screen comes up to upload from url or what ever else, pick anything, but notice at the top of that box it has two options, upload a video, and embedded video. I don't know what this means, but I know if you don't pick embedded video, you get the same error message I got for so long. I asked everybody, administrators, other members, anybody. A lot of people knew how to do it, but they left out the part about clicking on embedded video.

And I do know that any video has to be uploaded to youtube, vmeo, or even facebook first, otherwise it wont upload. Pictures yes, videos no. I fail to understand why, and don't get what an embedded video is or why it must be embedded to upload onto this site, but I know it works, so I do it that way. You cant just pick a video off your hard drive and upload it to here. Probably has something to do with space, and posting a link to another site takes less space than posting a whole video......I think..LMAO

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik