Video TX - straight out or 90 deg elbow for antenna?

No clue, mine doesnt work properly either way, getting terrible phase scan on Boscam 832,
but there are no changes in the noise pattern if i kep the antenna straight or bend it :)

90 degree probably? I mean theoretically it shouldn't matter if you have a premium antenna putting out a truly spherical signal, but if you don't and your signal is at all directional you want the signal pointing "down" because in most cases the phantom is going to be above you to some degree

Oh so it isn't just me that gets loads of interference with the Boscam. Likewise 90 deg or straight out doesn't make a difference, surprising it gets better when gets to 100m away or so. It is useable but really annoying that it isn't better quality, I thought about trying a different channel but it took so long to sort out the switch positions for the channel I am using due to the crap instructions, :p I just couldn't face the frustration, still I guess you get what you pay for.

The TS832 isn't a BOSCAM piece of equipment, it's Skyzone. There was a bunch of drama some time back (few years I think) and Boscam / Skyzone split but somehow Skyzone had rights to the name of the TS832, and a bunch of searching and reading around the interwebs pretty much everyone says that Skyzone equipment is inferior.
basically, "boscam doesn't make a 600mW 5.8ghz transmitter".

I personally use a TS352 500mW and FPVLR antennas and my FPV is rock solid out as far as I've ever gone, 800, 900+ meters easy although over the city it get some interference

QYV said:
The TS832 isn't a BOSCAM piece of equipment, it's Skyzone. There was a bunch of drama some time back (few years I think) and Boscam / Skyzone split but somehow Skyzone had rights to the name of the TS832, and a bunch of searching and reading around the interwebs pretty much everyone says that Skyzone equipment is inferior.
basically, "boscam doesn't make a 600mW 5.8ghz transmitter".

I personally use a TS352 500mW and FPVLR antennas and my FPV is rock solid out as far as I've ever gone, 800, 900+ meters easy although over the city it get some interference

Straight out or 90°?

my vTx antenna is the one from the FPVLR kit and has a 90deg connector. When pointing directly down it's longer than the landing gear, so I usually set my Phantom on the edge of something so the vTx antenna can point straight down past the legs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4