video transmitter issue

Reaction score
Guys,

After assembly, I am not sure if I conducted firmware updates on my P2 without the video transmitter antenna on, and concerned that it is damaged now. I am having issues with range, of 100m+ and know my system should easy get 1KM. How can I check if I messed up the video transmitter? Thanks!

I take it that you have FPV so put the antenna on you TX and turn the system on.

What kind of range were you getting before (if you had flown with it)? What equipment in terms of tx, rx, monitor, antennas?

Are the channels set correctly? What type of connectors (sma vs rp-sma)?

Giving people as much info as possible will help your cause. Otherwise, there are just too many variables.

ImmersionRC 600mw video Tx
Black Peark 32ch 7" monitor
antennas are circular polarized mushroom antennas

i have never flown the system before, as it is all brand new. I am definitely getting 100m+ range in some instances (only flown about 5 times), but I worry that my range is being limited due to something. I did not set any channels as I believe the default stuff with the Tx is okay.

The connectors are the ones which come with the immersion Tx and soldered with the P2 iOSD mini wires for fpv flying using my Phantom

For connectors I meant for the antennas, sorry.

What company antennas? It makes a big difference for people. General consensus is FPVLR.

But, I imagine the setup you have should go more than 100m.

Double check that the tx and the pearl are on the correct frequencies.

Everything is okay. I took it to a large open park / field area with absolute zero chances of interference and everything was totally smooth. I still getting used to flying fpv and being comfortable / confident, so I didnt want to push it any further than I could see it. Went nearly 300m and was happy just coming back home with that :) no fpv or drone connection issues so I think everything is okay. Thanks again!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers