Video Transmitter Antenna Location on P2

Reaction score
Quick question... Do I need to be concerned about how close my cloverleaf antenna is to the compass mounted on the P2 leg? I have my DJI AVL58 mounted on my P2 with a Blue Beam Ultra antenna on a 90 degree connector, which positions it pretty close to the compass. Will this cause any issues with the compass?

Mine is in the same locations as in this video from Aerial Media Pros... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxNpABkMRM4

I was under the impression to keep it away from anything else that might affect it as much as possible ?

Why don"t you try to re-position the Compass on the other rear leg, moving it further away from the Ant", or change the orientation of the AVL 180 degrees, if possible ?

I have to yet to install FPV so i"m sure this will be of interest to me :)

Ian

Well... I would like to hear from someone who knows more about this from a technical standpoint. If Aerial Media Pros are setting up their P2's like this, one would think it isn't an issue, but who knows.

I could pretty easily re-position my ALV58 but if it isn't necessary, I won't.

I might add that I have not flown yet with the new antenna setup. Before, I just had a DJI cloverleaf antenna running straight out from the transmitter so it wasn't as close to the compass as the new Blue Beam antenna is since adding the 90 degree connector. I wanted the new antenna to be pointing down instead of out to the side like it was before because I was lossing signal before when the P2 was perpendicuar to me with the coverleaf pointing at me. The weakest signal from these type of antennas is from the top or bottom. The sides produce the strongest signal.

Why don"t you try to re-position the Compass on the other rear leg, moving it further away from the Ant"
I wouldn't. There was a thread not long ago that someone moved the compass and had all sorts of issues.

I have the same setup, but I angle (twist) the antenna to the side opposite the compass. So far, so good, but I don't have many tests under my belt yet. More tomorrow...

Moving the compass would be bad in that the flight system needs to know exactly where it is and it's orientation...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20