Video transmission lines/interference

Reaction score
I seem to be getting large amounts of video transmission interference black and green lines that come across my phone as I am videoing. I have tried numerous different settings and changed channels on my Phantom 4 in hopes that this would alleviate the issue but it has not. I managed to take some amazing videos unfortunately they get scrambled at various portions during video. Is there a solution for this?

Sent from my SM-G935P using PhantomPilots mobile app

I seem to be getting large amounts of video transmission interference black and green lines that come across my phone as I am videoing. I have tried numerous different settings and changed channels on my Phantom 4 in hopes that this would alleviate the issue but it has not. I managed to take some amazing videos unfortunately they get scrambled at various portions during video. Is there a solution for this?

Sent from my SM-G935P using PhantomPilots mobile app
What smart device are you using, and what is the ambient temperature you are flying in?

I'm also struggling with poor transmission feed on my P4P. I thought it was maybe the cord from my controller to my phone, but after trying 3 different cords, I don't think that's the issue. I also fly a P3P and Mavic and have zero issues with video transmissions on those flights. I use an iPhone 6 Plus to fly.

I'm also struggling with poor transmission feed on my P4P. I thought it was maybe the cord from my controller to my phone, but after trying 3 different cords, I don't think that's the issue. I also fly a P3P and Mavic and have zero issues with video transmissions on those flights. I use an iPhone 6 Plus to fly.
Can describe what you see at what distance? If you're not flying with 5.8Ghz AUTO, try that and report back.

Can describe what you see at what distance? If you're not flying with 5.8Ghz AUTO, try that and report back.

So it varies between flights. It used to be steady and clear at any distance for the first 10 minutes and then it would slowly start to break up with black and green flashes and pixelation even when 50 feet away.

My last flight had bad video immediately on take off and it remained bad for the entire 20 minute flight. It's not so bad that I can't fly, but it screws up any chance of getting smooth, cinematic shots because the video freezes. Everything on the card is perfectly fine.

I'll mess with the channel settings and report back.

So it varies between flights. It used to be steady and clear at any distance for the first 10 minutes and then it would slowly start to break up with black and green flashes and pixelation even when 50 feet away.

My last flight had bad video immediately on take off and it remained bad for the entire 20 minute flight. It's not so bad that I can't fly, but it screws up any chance of getting smooth, cinematic shots because the video freezes.

What you describe sounds like the iPhone is overheating. I get the same thing with my iPad Mini2 in temperatures greater than 90F. If you are flying in hot temps, fly the same flight as before from inside your car with the air conditioning running, assuming that's possible. Also, make sure you remove any cover from the iPhone to maximize cooling. I have less problem with my larger iPad Air 2, I think because of the larger cooling area on the back.

What you describe sounds like the iPhone is overheating. I get the same thing with my iPad Mini2 in temperatures greater than 90F. If you are flying in hot temps, fly the same flight as before from inside your car with the air conditioning running, assuming that's possible. Also, make sure you remove any cover from the iPhone to maximize cooling. I have less problem with my larger iPad Air 2, I think because of the larger cooling area on the back.

Yeah, that could definitely be it. All my flights for the last 2 months have been in 90+ degrees and I often get messages while in the GO app saying my mobile device is maxing out CPU even though I closed all the apps before the flight.

My only problem with this theory is that once again, I fly two other drones in the same heat, get the same maxed out mobile CPU warning, but crystal clear video transmission even in the same areas. It's just my dang P4P that always seems to struggle. I appreciate your suggestions though. I'll keep at it.

Yeah, that could definitely be it. All my flights for the last 2 months have been in 90+ degrees and I often get messages while in the GO app saying my mobile device is maxing out CPU even though I closed all the apps before the flight.

My only problem with this theory is that once again, I fly two other drones in the same heat, get the same maxed out mobile CPU warning, but crystal clear video transmission even in the same areas. It's just my dang P4P that always seems to struggle. I appreciate your suggestions though. I'll keep at it.
Just make sure you're using 5.8Ghz AUTO and you should get 2+mi with LOS connection, and 4+mi with windsurfer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik