video transmission - how to get smoother ?

Reaction score
Hello. I bought my new phantom 4 before few days.
After a bit confussion about compass calibration, I m now trying small flights in order to learn how to pilot my new drone. However I have noticed that there is no good video transmission in my Ipad 4 (not Ipad 4 mini). The video becomes "pixelized" and it has lag (jurky). Not always but many times. How can I make the transmission more smooth in order to see what i record ? It is very important for me to can see what I 'm recording. Is this problem common ? is it something wrong of ipad 4 or need more powerfull CPU tablet ? any idea is welcomed

Thank you

Sounds like interference. Are you flying near houses in your neighbourhood? If so, try flying someplace in an open area where there is less interference.

The iPad 4 is not a device DJI thinks is capable of running DJI GO smoothly. If you want a new tablet, the iPad Pro 9.7", iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4 and Nvidia Shield are all great options.

The iPad 4 is not a device DJI thinks is capable of running DJI GO smoothly. If you want a new tablet, the iPad Pro 9.7", iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4 and Nvidia Shield are all great options.

Do dji endorse the air 1? No issues with it myself

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

They do not. You can see a list of recommended devices here.

The Air 1 is listed there... I've been using one. It works perfectly. But they don't list the iPad 4.. It might be because it uses the A4 processor and all the recommended ones are A7 and up

The video end puts a load on the processor and if it can't keep up, you get a bad display. I have an ancient Galaxy 10.1 tablet that I tried out of interest and it can barely keep up.

Last edited:
Msinger good link. Darknezz.... I smoothed my video by reducing resolution. Low altitude Aerial video seems to be sharp at 1080. This seemed to free up my device (iPad mini4) video processing. Give it a try.

the tip is to reduce the recording video resolution (for example from 4k to 1080p) or the streaming bitrate (streaming resolution) ? and if it is the second how to do this ?

the tip is to reduce the recording video resolution (for example from 4k to 1080p) or the streaming bitrate (streaming resolution) ? and if it is the second how to do this ?

Within the Go App you have to click the 'HD' icon and change from Auto channel selection to Custom, then you can reduce the streaming bitrate to 4mbps.

Thankful for this discussion. Thank you all.

Within the Go App you have to click the 'HD' icon and change from Auto channel selection to Custom, then you can reduce the streaming bitrate to 4mbps.

Hello again guys. I tried to change from "auto" to "custom" but i couldn't. Although I can see what you describe I press "custom" but seems NOT to be active (or it is disabled). Is it normal ?

Hello again guys. I tried to change from "auto" to "custom" but i couldn't. Although I can see what you describe I press "custom" but seems NOT to be active (or it is disabled). Is it normal ?

I've often tried to change my camera settings from Auto to Manual and it seemed like it wouldn't work but I had to touch it in just the right place, something similar here?

no unfortunately... i tried many times.. touch hard, soft, a bit left or right...nothing. It seems like "custom" is disabled!!!!!

r62ewa, adjusting video bitrate for video feed between bird an RC is NOT in camera settings!

r62ewa, adjusting video bitrate for video feed between bird an RC is NOT in camera settings!

I know. I was providing an example of the same type of slider for changing settings that i found a little finicky.

It is in the 'HD' settings. You have to change from Auto to Custom and then move the slider to the left for 4mbps. That is how you decrease the video feed bitrate, but I believe you say you cannot select Custom still?

Yes I cannot change from "Auto" to "custom" don't know why... I tried everything. Is it possible some other option in DJI Go to prevent me for doing this change ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl