Video Transmission and SD card link?

Reaction score
Hi,

First post for me, purchased P4 last week and have done a few training flights, first decent quadcopter for me so it's all very new!! and exciting!

Today I was again playing around and trying out different camera settings and stumbled across an issue, which I'm hoping is due to my SD card.

So, completed a few flights recording in 4k 24fps Pal, no problems, today I tried 4k 30fps NTSC MP4, had a few instances of the screen going blank (Android Sammy S7), HD signal was full, P4 was only 20M away! so landed and shut down. Reviewing the video my first observation was the time stamp was 2013! but videos played fine.

Took the P4 out again, didn't fly, just recorded video whilst on the ground, again the screen went blank, also noticed the cooling fan shut down on the P4 when this happened, after 2-3 secs the fan started up and the picture came back, changed back to 24fps PAL and did not get any further issues. So it seems as if the problem is caused when recording 4k at 30fps, I guess when the video stream is at it's highest bandwidth.

Now, the card in a Sandisk Ultra, so I'm pretty sure the card was not able to keep up, I have a few Extremes on order so will test once I have these.

Maybe worth noting but also when I stopped recording the video image on the screen would kind of lockup for a second or so.

My question is if this is a known issue? pretty scary when flying close by and it all seems to shut down on the screen! The P4 seems very reliant on a fast card.

PS have learnt a lot from viewing these forums, there is such a wealth of knowledge here, maybe one day I could contribute something!!

Thanks, Mark

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT