Video transfer problems and frustrations

Thanks for the responses. What level of computing power is needed for smooth 4K playback? Having to downgrade the recording resolution would defeat the purpose of having the capability. Also when you are viewing cool videos on youtube what resolution are you seeing? If not 4K then what is the purpose of having such a nice camera on the craft. Again I am very new to the video aspect here so my questions may seem ignorant because I admit they are.

If you record in 4K you can upload the raw video to YouTube with any machine. When you play it back leave it on auto and YouTube will decide on the best quality your machine and bandwidth can handle. I upload pretty much all my videos to YouTube and leave them unlisted or private. It's an easy way to be able to access them wherever and whenever I want.

If you get a faster machine in the future The 4K file will be there ready to go.

If you record in 4K you can upload the raw video to YouTube with any machine. When you play it back leave it on auto and YouTube will decide on the best quality your machine and bandwidth can handle. I upload pretty much all my videos to YouTube and leave them unlisted or private. It's an easy way to be able to access them wherever and whenever I want.

If you get a faster machine in the future The 4K file will be there ready to go.
That is weird, doesn't You Tube have a upload size limit, and it's not very much

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That is weird, doesn't You Tube have a upload size limit, and it's not very much
Not file size but length (might be 10 or 15 minutes)
You can go longer with a fully verified account.

It's better to edit down to under 5 minutes unless you are planning to use it as a sort of archive.
Unless it's stunning, people get bored and click away in less than a minute at best of times.

Reactions: deuter
Not file size but length (might be 10 or 15 minutes)
You can go longer with a fully verified account.

It's better to edit down to under 5 minutes unless you are planning to use it as a sort of archive.
Unless it's stunning, people get bored and click away in less than a minute at best of times.

I don't have any youtube videos open to the public. Most are unlisted and anyone with a link can see them. I'm not in it for the "likes" just family and friends.

I've never encountered any limits and I've been uploading HD videos for a few years now. I don't think I've got anything longer than 15 mins on there, but some of them are huge 4K video files that took hours to upload.

YouTube used to have more strict limits but as stated now if you have a "verified" account the limit is way up there - hours I believe, and no restrictions I have encountered with file size.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik