Video thread

Reaction score
Hi,
There was a thread about how to fix a video file that was stopped without correct stop.
This happened after a crash! File is possible to download from the camera, around 1Gb, but will not show anything when playing, just a black picture.
Nothing broken and PV2 works perfect :)
Any idea how to fix this or knows what the thread had for number?

The video needs to be stopped through the app to finalise same way as if you were burning a cd. This is quite common and to fix it immediately put the sd card back into the camera and turn the phantom back on for 30 seconds, the phantom will then finalise the video file for playback on your pc. This doesnt always work but its the easiest fix. Keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best. Oh yeah another thing is you wil lose the last 30 seconds of the video in most cases so if you are hoping to see the crash I'm afraid you are out of luck. Some new flyers has posted that they have a sticker on their tx saying "stop recording before powering off battery" to remind themselves.

Thanks for a quick answer.
Will that work when I have downloaded the file from the card via usb?!
Should I upload it again? Maybe it will work. It´s worth giving it a try!!

Well you know Murphy! I always empty the sd card when I have downloaded the file to my computer!!
I will try and get back with some feedback how I manages to solve the problem

vagspel said:
Hi,
There was a thread about how to fix a video file that was stopped without correct stop.
This happened after a crash! File is possible to download from the camera, around 1Gb, but will not show anything when playing, just a black picture.
Nothing broken and PV2 works perfect :)
Any idea how to fix this or knows what the thread had for number?

Search the forum for "corrupt" and you'll find a couple of threads.

Yeah would would really have to have left it on the sd card and put it straight back into the camera and turned it back on. Doubt it will work by putting it back on but hey, worth a try. After that you'll be looking for some recovery software or some other software that may finalise it. Let us know.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4