Video Thread :BEST EDITS:

boludo said:
supertrooper,
Nice work on your vids. I'm starting to video surfing. You've done a nice job. What tips do you have for recording surfing? Harder than it looks to do. How high up above the water is the camera when shooting the close shots?

Thanks boludo! As it goes with any action sports, you gotta be able to predetermine where the action is gonna happen. I rely heavily on the iPhone screen when shooting this, I have found that hovering a few feet in front of the subject to get reference then begin tracking backwards before they start going helps keep a smooth momentum going. As for height, I stick to nothing lower then 15ft. These waves are only a few feet big so bigger and I might stay closer to 30ft if the spray is high. Just really important that you know the area you are shooting in and how the wave is gonna break. Hope this helps! I am finding That I like shooting in 720@60fps for surf. Better for slo mo!

Thanks supertrooper. The problem I've had in the recent past is I was filming reef breaks which break very far away from shore. I can anticipate the wave and the direction the surfer goes because I surf everyday myself. I'm going to practice on beach breaks first then graduate on. Are you looking at your altitude often to gauge how high you are or are you gauging it by just looking at what the camera sees?

Do you have an IG account to follow some of your feeds? Mine is boludo55. I will be in Hawaii for 2 months so hopefully I can get some good footage. Thanks for the tips!

boludo said:
Thanks supertrooper. The problem I've had in the recent past is I was filming reef breaks which break very far away from shore. I can anticipate the wave and the direction the surfer goes because I surf everyday myself. I'm going to practice on beach breaks first then graduate on. Are you looking at your altitude often to gauge how high you are or are you gauging it by just looking at what the camera sees?

Do you have an IG account to follow some of your feeds? Mine is boludo55. I will be in Hawaii for 2 months so hopefully I can get some good footage. Thanks for the tips!

Rad. I'm sure you will score in Hawaii. My insta is @brycejohnson so check it out and can't wait to see more of your work. I am always checking the phantom height on the app. Keeping track of height when it's far away can be challenging. So meter on phone is easier. But not 100% reliable. Always try and keep line of sight.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUKGdh3-OPc[/youtube]

Camera: 720p/60
Editor: Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Post: Lens Distortion Filter/Curvature -15, Contrast +25, Interpreted footage to 23.976fps

I shot this last night in a lightning storm outside the Cincinnati Museum Center, and also INSIDE the former train station.
Edited with FCP X 10.1

[vimeo]96050671[/vimeo]

streetreporter said:
I shot this last night in a lightning storm outside the Cincinnati Museum Center, and also INSIDE the former train station.
Edited with FCP X 10.1

[vimeo]96050671[/vimeo]

Solid shots, how was your GPS inside? Any trouble?

supertrooper said:
streetreporter said:
Edited with FCP X 10.1

[vimeo]96050671[/vimeo]

Solid shots, how was your GPS inside? Any trouble?

Pretty sure he was flying either manual or ATTI mode on this one. Wouldn't have any GPS lock inside

Found a nice flying field today and just had to stop and get some footage.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9lW1yHvgsU[/youtube]

Beautiful video kgarrison! Would you mind posting what setting you used on your P2V+ for that video, and what editing you did please.

Dave

Hi all,

I got my Vision 2 Plus last Saturday (my first drone!), made 2 test/practice flights, and the day after I took the Phantom to 'Kinderdijk', a Dutch heritage site known for its 19 authentic windmills. I made this video using the footage from this day (2 flights):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXNlCS-gu48[/youtube]

Camera: 1080p, 30 fps, standard settings
Video editing software: iMovie on Mac

I think it's amazing that it's possible to create a video like this after just one day of experimenting. As said, I have no drone experience at all (although I'm an experienced SLR photographer)

Look forward to your comments and tips!
Wiebe

I've enjoyed watching all the videos posted in this thread. Here is mine.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtadiWEaduQ[/youtube]

I'm finding that the narrow video mode gives good results and doesn't require any fisheye correction in post processing.

The local ABC affiliate picked it up and used it during their evening newscast.

brianwancho said:
I've enjoyed watching all the videos posted in this thread. Here is mine.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtadiWEaduQ[/youtube]

I'm finding that the narrow video mode gives good results and doesn't require any fisheye correction in post processing.

The local ABC affiliate picked it up and used it during their evening newscast.

The subject matter just doesn't get much better. The videography is impeccable and the piloting of your craft is impressive. The soundtrack is very good. The blur transitions had me wincing after about the 4th one.

I give it a 95! :)

PhilAnderson said:
The subject matter just doesn't get much better. The videography is impeccable and the piloting of your craft is impressive. The soundtrack is very good. The blur transitions had me wincing after about the 4th one.

I give it a 95! :)

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback! I will certainly keep your comments in mind for the next video.

supertrooper said:
I wanted to start this thread so everyone could show off there edits with the new Vision+. Please add a description of your editing software, Camera settings, and all that jazz. DON'T POST BORING FIRST FLIGHT VIDEOS! We have all seen enough of those.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzDIvW6cjPI[/youtube]

Camera: 1080p 30fps, Standard Sharpening, ISO 200, Auto WB.

Edit: I used Premiere Pro. First time really diving into the program so I didn't do any post on the footage, just simple transitions and a little slow mo. Hope you like! Lets see some edits!!!!

REMOVE &feature=youtu.be TO EMBED YOUTUBE VIDEOS.

not posting FIRST flight video should also mean don't post FIRST TIME EDITING VIDEOS EITHER... :shock:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4