Video stuttering when yawing

M_W

Reaction score
Phantom 3 Standard, latest firmware, latest DJI GO app version, Nexus 7 (2013), shooting in 1080p @ 30FPS.

I've noticed in video playback that during yaw movements the video kind of stutters a bit. Everything else is nice and smooth. What can I do to get rid of the stuttering? My gimbal makes a hissing noise all the time, could that have anything to do with it?

Thanks!

I seem to have the same issue. I am not sure if it is just the limitation of the camera or if there is something wrong with the gimbal. My gimbal also makes a hissing sound at the default eye level and doesn't stop till I change the angle of the camera.

I seem to have the same issue. I am not sure if it is just the limitation of the camera or if there is something wrong with the gimbal. My gimbal also makes a hissing sound at the default eye level and doesn't stop till I change the angle of the camera.
Mine makes the noise no matter how I angle it.

Put up a clip of it doing it and maybe we can see what might be the issue .
I'll see if I can find a suitable clip.

Also, it's more noticeable in the corners than anywhere else, if that makes a difference.

I tried watching it on my tablet and it was much smoother. There is still some slight stuttering, barely noticeable, but still annoying.

MW
I just took it that yawing changes the picture so quickly it just can't keep up, also the gimbal runs out of travel which exaggerates it, I'd be interested to see if there's a way round, in the meantime I just yaw really slow or edit turns out.
I also tried 1080 at 50fps to see if it improved it but found no difference in yaw performance but noticed drop in video quality. That surprised me, I haven't tried the latest 1080 footage on my TV ( 1080) but noticed it on the iPad.
Ty

Well if the slight stuttering is normal then it's alright I guess. I might just be turning too fast.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers