Video/ Still picture recommended settings

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my settings and see if anyone would do something else?
I fly with filters.

Video:

Quality:
- 4k 24 fps

Color:
- Log

ISO:
- 100 during the day
- 1600 at night

- Higher ISO speed is more sensitive to
light, allowing you to use faster shutter
speeds, but you will see more noise in
the image.

White balance:

Style:
- Sharpness -2
- Contrast -3
- Saturation -2

Still picture:

What is your settings here? During daylight and night?

Best regards

I mostly shoot stills. RAW format. Daytime, keep ISO at 100 or lowest possible for least noise.

I shoot 5 shot exposure brackets so I can exposure blend in post if necessary.

Haven't done any night shooting yet.

Those video settings will produce a very flat look, and almost always need substantial processing afterwards - this is not for everyone.
If you shoot RAW mode the image will be easily modified during obligatory processing anyway.
The ISO will make an obvious change if too high it will be grainy, but no need to totally avoid increasing it a bit as light levels drop,

There aren't any magic number settings that everyone should just dial in.
It all depends on what you want the video or photos to look like.
Some want it colourful, contrasty and sharp where others want things soft and dreamy.

Those video settings will produce a very flat look, and almost always need substantial processing afterwards - this is not for everyone.
If you shoot RAW mode the image will be easily modified during obligatory processing anyway.
The ISO will make an obvious change if too high it will be grainy, but no need to totally avoid increasing it a bit as light levels drop,

There aren't any magic number settings that everyone should just dial in.
It all depends on what you want the video or photos to look like.
Some want it colourful, contrasty and sharp where others want things soft and dreamy.
Just curious as to what your settings are. I know there isn't a magic number. Just wanted to know what most are going with. Thanks!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20