Video Software for Producing & Editing

Reaction score
Was wondering what is the best software to use for Producing & Editing your flights and still pics.

Thank you,

Ken

Looks like the Adobe is a monthly charge package ??

Has anyone used Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum ??

Thanks for the feedback !!

Ken

TxRider said:

Ken
I use sony vegas since vegas9 and I love it. you can export your files to premier or even Aftereffects

this edit is pure on vegas with some add ons such as bcc , new blue etc

https://vimeo.com/100496302

Hard to beat this for value and features, Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements for Windows/Mac:

http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photoshop-E ... e+elements

In that combo you get both Photoshop (Elements) for stills and Premiere (Elements) for video. Lots of power there. It's cut down from the full versions, but has more than most casual users will ever use. Great power for the price.

Thanks Mr. goodkat,

I saw that you have been using the Vegas version but notice the Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum in which I guess its a down scale of the Vegas series but a little cheaper.....I ordered a copy last night...it looks like it will do what im looking for.

Have you been flying the Phantom Quad for very long ?? I just order one and should be receiving it today or Monday.....and tricks I need to know ?? lol

Thanks,

TxRider

I use Corel Video Studio X7 and picked it up on Amazon for only $55 (downloadable version).It has a lot of stock filters and effects and includes Mercalli 2.0, Boris Graffiti, and Vitascene 2.0 plugins. The Adobe stuff is probably better, but I'm not happy that Adobe is moving everything to subscription based and cloud based services.

TxRider said:

Ken

Yeah. It has problems with editing large files. If I had 15 minutes of video, I'd have to reboot my machine, make sure nothing else was loaded and then try and edit it. I got frustrated and went to Adobe Premiere Pro. I'm so glad too.

Re: Video Software for Producing & Editing

What's everyone's opinion on Pinnacle studio for both iPad and PC?

Tayloss said:
What's everyone's opinion on Pinnacle studio for both iPad and PC?
I don't have experience with the PC version, but I find PS4iPad easy and quick. Much better than iMovie or anything like that. It has limitations, but very powerful, easy to use.

I travel with my iPad and use it for my P2V+ display. I use the Apple Camera Connect Kit to download/backup the aerial footage to my 128gb iPad Air, and leave the video file on the micro SD card. That way I have everything in two places and less chance of losing content.

I just returned from 21 days in Italy, France and Germany. I flew/filmed everywhere and backed up every night. Since the aerial footage, video and still images was already on my iPad, it was easy to edit in PS4iPad at night if I wanted to. I came back with lots of pre edited video. I did video editing on the train, in the air and in my hotel room. I even did some drinking a beer on the patio of a chateau I was staying in. I filmed everything in 1920/1080P and output finished video in the same format. The music files are also on my iPad, so I dropped in audio files too.

Here's a link to a video I finished yesterday using only my iPad:

http://vimeo.com/101037849

Just to clarify, the Adobe Elements software is NOT monthly, that's only the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite of apps.
Premiere Elements is able to handle a large variety of formats, and is pretty streamlined for the casual user.

mr.goodkat said:
TxRider said:

as i said above I have been using sony vegas since version9 and i used all including 13 pro

if you have any questions, please feel free to ask

Ok, I got one ...what's is the best settings to render with vegas? I have searched everywhere I usually get a ton of noise and just crap looking video from my vision, I know the camera is not a comparison for the gopro but it still should look better than it does in theory.

TxRider said:
Thanks Mr. goodkat,

I saw that you have been using the Vegas version but notice the Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum in which I guess its a down scale of the Vegas series but a little cheaper.....I ordered a copy last night...it looks like it will do what im looking for.

Have you been flying the Phantom Quad for very long ?? I just order one and should be receiving it today or Monday.....and tricks I need to know ?? lol

Thanks,

TxRider

there is not much of a difference between those versions. I have been flying P2 for the last 3 months but i fly it occasionally.

what i do is i shoot 1080p 60fps and crop it to 720p on vegas to avoid seeing props.
if you have CUDA supported graphics card, make sure you use Sony mp4 when rendering and enable GPU rendering

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl